Siemens Mobility, Rolling Stock Division is a market leader in the manufacture of light rail/Locomotive vehicles has a newly created leadership role in their Sacramento, California facility. The Supervisor-Weld Quality Assurance will have a tremendous impact on the Quality Assurance portion of the welding operations business teams success. You will be solely responsible for Leading and Mentoring a team of direct reports that total 20 AWS Certified Inspectors. You will have responsibility for the success of several major programs and have customer interface on a daily basis.
What you will be doing in this role:
- Ensure dimensional compliance and that all required NDT including VT, MT, PT, UT and RT inspections of welded carshells and bogie frames are completed to defined standards and specifications.
- Manage quality assurance activities in all weld departments (light rail carshell, locomotive carshell, coach stainless steel carshell, and bogie weld).
- Ensure all inspections are correctly documented and reported.
- Analyze inspection data to identify root causes for weld defects and work with weld engineering and weld experts to define best practices to reduce the number of defects.
- Develop and implement improved weld inspection processes and techniques to drive efficiency and consistency in inspection results.
- Assignment and coordination of inspection resources on a daily basis to support production schedules and takt times in multiple weld departments.
- Forward resource planning to ensure inspection resources are in place to support future production demand.
- Hire and develop weld inspection staff, including AWS certified weld training and recertification.
- Ensure accurate time reporting for weld inspection staff.
- Interface with customer Resident Inspectors on a daily basis.
What you will need to be successful:
- High School Diploma or GED
- In depth knowledge of AWS and DIN weld standards. Experience with DIN 15085 desired.
- AWS Certified Weld Inspector certification strongly preferred.
- ASNT certification in MT, UT, PT, UT and/or RT strongly preferred.
- Strong experience in quality inspection of welded structures. Exposure to carbon steel, structural steel welding, MIG, TIG, and stainless steel resistance and plasma welding.
- 10 years of related experience, with 3-5 years in leadership positions.
- Experience with modern quality assurance tools and techniques.
- Strong understanding of, and ability to work with, quality assurance concepts and systems.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Amount of travel with the position: Minimal, 5%
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.