Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!Meet the team - Video
Siemens DISW is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We are looking for an Application Engineer to join our Xpedition IC Packaging team (technology solutions sales organization) in Cairo, Egypt.
If you're a technical sales professional, who enjoys solving interesting problems for Siemens’s customers and building Siemens advanced IC packaging EDA solutions then you're definitely a perfect match to what we're looking for!Responsibilities
- Drive adoption of Xpedition IC packaging products family by executing both pre-sale and post-sale technical activities.
- Understand the potential customers’ needs to either provide direct solutions or formalize the needs as potential enhancements/defects and feed them back to the engineering teams.
- Develop and deliver demonstrations and technical presentations.
- Drive software evaluations and benchmarks by prototyping and documenting Xpedition IC packaging flows using customer data.
- Help provide customer support (on site and off site) to the already-existing customers’ base.
- Contribute to technical sales plans and communicate with the account teams on progress and account status.
- Work with the account technology managers to understand business opportunities and be the technical go to person regarding these opportunities.
- Provide training for other application engineers and Siemens’s customers.
- Help provide feedback to the engineering teams regarding the newly introduced features.
- The Application Engineer is also expected to interface with other Siemens EDA products (Calibre, Aprisa, Tessent, ..) to help build a full advanced packaging design and verification flow.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge in semiconductors design and manufacturing process.
- Prior knowledge in IC design & EDA tools and flows is a plus!
- Familiar with DRC (Design Rule Checking) and LVS (Layout vs. Schematic) type verification flows.
- Preferably has knowledge in IC packaging technologies.
- Scripting/programming (TCL, python, etc.) skills is huge plus!
- Familiar with Unix.
- Enjoy working with customers and in a large and international team environment.
- International travel is required.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share knowledge with others.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, and generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity.Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time