Make a difference with us
We spend up to 90 % of our lives in buildings. It’s where we are born, raised, educated. It’s where we eat, enjoy ourselves and work. This makes buildings the heart of our lives and communities.
At Siemens Smart Infrastructure, our UX mission is creating smart building solutions that actively contribute to wellbeing, efficiency, resiliency and safety. We are creating environments that care for the people, reduce the complexity of managing infrastructures and leverage the power of data to make our buildings eco-friendly.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global multidisciplinary UX Studios and cross-functional teams to advocate the needs of the user, shaping our next generation products.
As a User Experience Designer, you will be instrumental to elaborate innovative solutions solving our user’s pains and serving their needs. You will translate our sophisticated technology products and embedded systems and translate them into simple and intuitive experiences, impacting our user’s daily life.
Join our team and help us to create environments that care! We will be happy to introduce you to our global and international community!
Your new responsibilities
- Define the user flows, mental models and interaction ways for our building B2B products and solutions following a User-Centered-Design process
- Keep a high-level vision in mind while creating comprehensive storyboards, wireframes, mockups and tangible prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and UX concepts
- Contribute to the user centered culture at Siemens, evolve our ways of working with driving and applying standard methodologies in UX design
- Be the user advocate throughout the entire product life cycle – by putting the user first
- Collaborate with User Researchers and the cross-functional team members to understand requirements, user needs and struggles and provide creative and innovative solutions
- Evaluate and validate the usability of new and existing products, giving constructive guidance to the product team to evolve the users experience
- Collaborate with other UX team members by aligning UX concepts and contributing to our Design System
- Help grow our inclusive UX team culture with your unique personality
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g., Product, Interaction, Graphic, Visual Communications, etc.), Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent education
- Strong portfolio of work demonstrating interaction design skills creating user flows, wireframes, and building user interface mockups and prototypes
- Ability to use industry standard design and prototyping tools and leverage design systems at a minimum of an intermediate level or higher
- Deep understanding of usability and user-centered design practice and process
- Experience working with cross-functional product teams, leading design sprints and workshops
- Deep skills in analytical thinking and problem-solving
- Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate
- A trustful and reliable nature with strong organizational skills, hands-on mentality and solution oriented
- Fluent English and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills. Basic German skills or any other European language would be an advantage
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work.
Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, or age.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time