Siemens' Grand Prairie, TX location is looking for a System Engineer for MES. This person is responsible for the execution and leadership of technology implementations within a very large factory. Digitalization is a primary focus for our operations, and this role is at the front of the effort, delivering capabilities that transform business processes, create value, and develop a more digitally oriented workforce. You will be the location's technology partner! As a change agent, you'll execute and lead technology implementations within the factory.
This position will allow the candidate to work from home 1-2 days a week.
The role of Engineering Systems MES is responsible for the execution and leadership of technology implementations, including process changes & performance monitoring. You will work closely with a cross section of external and internal partners/customers, including manufacturing, technology, engineering, finance, procurement, and business management.
Job responsibilities include:
- Maintenance and support of existing manufacturing solutions (incident management, updates, testing, user trainings).
- Implementation of new capabilities at the factory, which include:
- Establish technical requirements & budget.
- Develop and lead implementation plans that complete within timing and budget to meet site expectations.
- Identify and escalate project risks.
- Communicate status regularly to all stakeholders.
- Monitor & report performance, to ensure business goals are met and new methods are upheld.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- Minimum 2 years in a technical lead contributor role with documented business results.
- Manufacturing process knowledge (fabrication, assembly, wiring, testing, shipping, Etc.).
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to continued professional growth and development.
- Team player with the ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization (i.e. executives, staff, clients, outside partners, Etc.).
- Strong work ethics in terms of reliability, productivity, and ownership.
- Self-Motivated (Demonstrated initiative and ability to pursue\deliver assignments with moderate direction).
Not required but would be a plus:
- Engineer-to-Order environment experience.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Familiarity working with PLM (Product Lifecycle Management), ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), CNC Post Processors and\or MES applications (Manufacturing Execution Systems).
- Familiarity working with 3D CAD Systems (i.e. Creo, NX, Etc.)
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why you will love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and flex vacations.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
• Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.