Siemens Mobility inspires the world to move forward more intelligently and sustainably. We’re engineering AI driven, IoT empowered transportation, giving people more freedom and the planet a greener future. And, we’re inspiring the world of work to be more progressive – leading by example in how we support our colleagues in innovating, learning and living.
At Siemens, we’ve introduced the #newnormal where we’re encouraged to work flexibly. It’s all yours to decide what you’re going to achieve, where and how – unlocking your full potential with our unconditional support. Because, as our colleagues will tell you, if there’s anything Siemens is as forward-thinking about as technology, it’s your wellbeing. It’s being agile, understanding you and giving you all you need to thrive.
Reporting to a Project Manager, this role will have responsibility for managing and coordinating Project Change on the Freight ETCS On-Board project to ensure robust change control is implemented on the project, from an early identification of a change to the final acceptance of a change implementation.
Supported by the project team, the role will be responsible for updating and maintaining the project change log, ensuring all requirements are clearly understood, appropriate impact assessments documented, decisions formally recorded, change implementation monitored and successfully concluded.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS
- Lead Change Board
- Manage the implementation of change from cradle to grave
- Manage the change portfolio and maintain the change register
- Ensure with effective communication all stakeholders are fully aware of the project changes
- Monitor the progress of changes through KPIs
- Produce internal / external change status reports
- Carry out appropriate impact assessments
- Assist with the integration of changes into the project plan, costs and resource forecast
- Liaise with other disciplines on the project making sure that there are no clashes and identify efficiencies
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Assist in completion of documentation in accordance with management systems
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor, training plan, resistance management plan
- Support and engage with work package managers
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists
- A solid understanding of project change and the change process
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail, open-minded, keen to learn and grow
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organisation
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
Knowledge & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of department and other disciplines also customer and suppliers (essential)
- Project management skills (desirable)
- Experience in the rail industry (desirable)
Specific Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities for this Post:
- Set an example by their own actions and activities.
- Communicate and encourage feedback on H &S and environmental issues
- Where possible undertake H&S tours or inspections; act where deficiencies are observed
- Promote and use the business procedures to report H&S issues
This role will have some requirement to travel.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time