Senior Electrical Subject Matter Expert
Possess an in-depth knowledge of Electrical Engineering principals, design, and application to Industrial Control Systems (ICS). Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) for ICS security activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- SME for Electrical Engineering design, integration, retrofitting and commissioning
- SME for Siemens ICS products
- Perform ICS security activities and contractor representative for ICS
- Identify technologies or components to supporting critical assets
- Identify open-source vulnerabilities for existing technologies or components
- Identify threat intelligence demonstrating adversary intent
- Review network architectures to identify potential vulnerabilities
- Conduct packet capture analysis to identify anomalies in network traffic
- Analyze vulnerabilities of ICS and in the energy domain
- Respond to emergency situations, and perform pre-determined emergency actions to place the plant back in a safe condition
- Assist in the performance of functional/operational tests to evaluate equipment/systems capability and reliability.
- Implement standard trade practices and procedures including appropriate safety precautions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Comply with all company safety requirements and programs.
- At least 5 years of experience with Siemens ICS programming and industrial control system design
- \In depth knowledge of control systems security with relevant previous experience in a technical or consulting environment.
- Experience in facility maintenance with knowledge of facilities systems and information assurance
- Have a strong knowledge of Siemens PLC as incorporated into Siemens Electrical Distribution Equipment and Industrial Control Systems.
- Expert level knowledge of Siemens BAS including Apogee, Insight, and Desigo.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: IEC 62443/ISA 99, ISO 27001, NIST SP 800-82, CPNI good practice
- Knowledge of industrial control systems and protocols such as object linking and embedding process control – open platform communications (OPC), ModBus, Melsec, HART, Foundation Fieldbus
- Working knowledge of IEC 61508 and IEC 61511 functional safety standards
- Experience with Windows and Linux/UNIX
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- ICS cybersecurity experience and with industrial networks including process control domain network infrastructures such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)-, Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)-type qualifications
- Experience security industrial wireless networks and monitoring (SIEM, SOC, NOC)
- Understand the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Authorization to Operate (ATO) accreditation process for ICS related building systems.
- Have a strong knowledge of Encryption methodology as it relates to Industrial Control Systems.
- Have a strong knowledge of Siemens Medium Voltage Air Insulated and Gas Insulated Switchgear and controls.
- Experience protecting and administering industrial networks such as those from Siemens, ABB, Rockwell, Honeywell, Foxboro, Emerson, Yokogawa
- Have a working knowledge of SCADA controls including OSI Monarch.
- Have a working knowledge of the IEEE 62443 Industrial Network and System Security Standards.
- Have a strong knowledge of continual monitoring of Industrial Control Processes for both safety and cybersecurity.
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Relocates a 12-foot stepladder without assistance.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks, and all types of ladders.
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls, and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
- Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Active Secret clearance
- Ability to be upgraded to TS/SCI after starting on contract
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, or related technical field OR 5 years of additional experience in lieu of degree
- Global Industrial Cybersecurity Professional (GICSP) – needs to be held within 6 months of start on contract
Country: United States
Approximately 75% at the contractor facilities in Hanover, MD and approximately 25% travel CONUS and OCONUS.
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.