Siemens Grand Prairie is looking for a fulltime data analysis and visualization expert to help improve strategic and operational performance and increase business process transparency. This person will be responsible for identifying and mining data, performing statistical analyses, applying visualization techniques, and building high quality visualization systems.
An ideal candidate would be a self-motivated individual who possesses high initiative, excellent problem-solving skills, and a passion for deriving business decisions using data analytics and visualization. Applicants should have a natural creative edge, an aptitude for analytics, a desire for data-driven decision making, and interest in keeping up with technological advances in their field.
This is a hybrid position requiring employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
• Support, maintain, and develop key performance indicators (KPIs) for all aspects of manufacturing
• Perform business, operational, and engineering data analysis, and deliver consumable reports to stakeholders
• Assess the data needs of projects and ad-hoc requests, perform exploratory data analysis, identify data patterns, assess data quality, and develop compelling data visualizations and insights
• Locate and correct data problems
• Communicate with both technical and non-technical teams to understand business processes and promote data driven decision making
Knowledge, Skills and Education:
• Bachelors in any Engineering, Data Science, or Computer Science related discipline (or equivalent experience)
• 2+ years of related experience in data analytics and visualization
• Strong ability to analyze data using SQL, Excel, Tableau
• Development experience using any scripting language (PHP, Python, C#, etc.)
• Experience in SQL or other programming languages
• Strong knowledge of visual design
Preferred but not required:
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• Familiarity with SAP data sources
• Experience with Angular, Microsoft C#, node.js, Microsoft Power BI
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why you will love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and flex vacations.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
• Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.