Would you like to develop yourself and coach others in complex engineering (automation) projects? Does travelling and challenging projects sounds like your ideal job? We would like to meet you!
About the job
As Lead Engineer you will be fully responsible for successful execution of our crane projects in a profound and professional way and securing respective lessons learned into the entire Cranes organization.
You will work together with the Cranes department in The Netherlands and Germany. As a Lead Engineer, you will have close contact with the sales, project management and engineering teams.
- Manages projects with responsibility for successful execution:
- Executes the project within the defined requirements (e.g. budget, time, functionality).
- Ensures business success and satisfaction of the customer and ensures professional stakeholder management.
- Ensures timely decisions on open issues, escalating if necessary.
- Manages a network of technical specialists to realize costumer specific solutions.
- Coordinates the Engineering disciplines and the cooperation with involved regional Engineering units including their interfaces.
- Performs technical riskmanagement.
- Acts as interface to PM@Siemens e.g. responsible for technical risks and opportunities.
Siemens Cranes (part of Siemens Digital Industries) provides a single, integrated, digital platform for harbor cranes and automated guided vehicles (AGVs) solutions with its advanced software and hardware solutions. Simulations with digital twins and fully remote-controlled cranes are just two examples of the innovations at Siemens Cranes. With the development of sensor technology and increased integrality, historic manual crane operations are rapidly shifting to fully digital, fully automated, flexible and remotely controlled terminal operations.
To strengthen the team, the department Cranes is searching for a colleague with broad knowhow and curiosity about drive technology, automation and digitalization.
- A technical master or bachelor degree;
- At least 5 successful projects from beginning to end in the field of complex (automation) projects in an engineering environment as a lead engineer;
- Knowledge of and experience with SIMATIC S7 programming languages;
- Knowledge of dotNet application is a preference as well as: C++, C#, SQL;
- Knowledge from container cranes and or container terminals is a preference, as well as it is a preference if you have experience or at least affinity with industrial automation of machines, understanding the influence of software on the behavior of the machine;
- Business proficient English and the ability to travel for reasonable periods globally;
- A driver’s license.
About the offer
Working at Siemens is truly rewarding. Not only because of what you can contribute, but also because of your enthusiastic colleagues, the way we think about inclusion, integrity and creating a healthy work life balance.
- A good salary plus fixed 13th month or bonus;
- 40 leave days;
- Health budget of EUR 150 a year, participation in Share Matching Program;
- You will be part of a leading international brand and network, and work in a divers team;
- Continuous development opportunities, via our MyGrowth learning platform and our Growth talks.
Don't wait any longer: click the "Apply" button now - we would like to meet you!
If you have any questions, please contact Kim Bouwmeester, 0683102470
The application procedure includes a screening and an assessment.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.
‘Siemens is an equal opportunities employer’
Sector: Digital Industries
Bedrijf: Siemens Nederland N.V.
Ervaringsniveau: Experienced Professional
Soort baan: Fulltime