Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team delivering innovative technical solutions, business growth, and customer satisfaction. The role will suit a highly motivated individual, who works equally well on their own or within a dynamic team environment. You will have a passion for technology, a thirst to learn, and be able to deliver a complex message in an enthusiastic and impactful way.
What are my responsibilities?
As an Automation Specialist, the position provides involves a unique mix of technical and customer activities:-
- Developing & delivering presentations, demonstrations, and workshops for delivery at customer sites conveying capability and technical solution feasibility, supporting the DI sales teams, Product Management and Business Development Managers.
- Supporting key customers with the adoption of Siemens hardware and software into their business.
- Liaison with partners in Headquarters, improving product knowledge, and providing customer feedback into the development process
- Complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project requirements.
- Understanding customer requirements and delivering cost effective solutions
- Utilising the latest Digital Marketing tools & channels to deliver impactful customer insight
What do I need to qualify for this job?
Applicants should have:
- Qualified to NVQ / HND / HNC / Degree level in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or a relevant Automation discipline.
- A good understanding of ICT.
- Full driving license
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of the Process Industry / Siemens Process Automation Systems (i.e. SIMATIC PCS 7/neo), but this is not essential.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that training and development is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s career growth, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool - you can read more about our commitment to diversity by clicking here
We also welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here
We have partnered with VERCIDA,
the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time