Create a better tomorrow with us.
We are looking for a General Counsel, to be hired with a permanent contract in Milan.
Siemens is a focused technology company, pioneering intelligent solutions that transform the every day in manufacturing, grids, buildings, and transportation. Our technology addresses real problems that affect the future of humanity.
Do you have the courage to think beyond the possible? Do you want to be empowered to build solutions that have an impact on daily life?
Siemens is your place to thrive. At Siemens, you will find the trust and freedom to excel. Let’s grow together, to improve how people live, work, make and move. Talk to us about the development journey you would like to undertake, join Siemens to grow and to build a better real and digital future.
What part will you play?
You will accelerate our business continuous transformation supporting all legal matters in the Lead Country Italy for Siemens Digital Industries, Smart Infrastructure and Mobility, including Greece as assigned country, reporting directly to the General Counsel of Digital Industries (disciplinary reporting to the CEO of Siemens S.p.A). You can engage and collaborate with the business to build credibility and trust, whilst providing commercial advice that addresses legal implications and compliance issues.
- Lead corporate law matters for Siemens’ regional company in Italy (Siemens S.p.A.)
- Advise the CEO and CFO as well as senior executive management on corporate law, mergers & acquisitions, health and safety legislation, commercial contracts and a wide range of other legal matters, disputes, and litigation.
- Handle local court cases and define the defense strategy
- Ensure effective legal risk management by addressing legal risks and opportunities
- Provide and implement legal tools and processes which support the digital transformation of Siemens, especially the Xcelerator program
- Lead and manage a team of legal professionals in the region, promote an inclusive environment
- Actively support the exchange of legal knowledge within the region, as well as in the global LC community; contribute to the innovation initiatives in the legal function
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and relevant legislation and regulations, working very close with local compliance officer
- Guarantee attention across the business to improve overall awareness of relevant legal topics
- Manage the local legal budget, including local external law firms
- Fully integrate into and actively contribute towards the success of the global Legal organization
What you need to bring with you
- Excellent academic record in law and full qualification to practice law in Italy
- Consistent professional experience with managerial legal positions within Siemens or equal positions in international law firms or legal departments of other companies with complex stakeholder management
- Knowledge of foreign law systems; expertise in corporate law, antitrust, corporate IP, technology transfer, software, XaaS and export controls topics would be beneficial as well
- Experience in leading a legal team or validated leadership potential (reference-based)
- Excellent intercultural and communication, influencing and networking skills across all hierarchical levels and ability to explain complex legal and contract management matters and complimenting strong drafting and negotiation skills
- Champion in handling complexity and successful record of change management / Cultural Transformation initiatives including digital transformation
- Outstanding ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively within the global Siemens legal team
- Proficiency in Italian and English
- Work permit for Italy
What can we further offer?
- An inclusive and flexible way of working, with caring for everyone's personal well-being; Part time option is also possible
- Flexible Welfare programs and health insurance that can be extended to your family
- Results-driven organization, where high performance and growth mindset are recognized
- Opportunities for continuous individualized learning journeys so that you never stop growing and keep on learning
- Cutting-edge tools for remote working and your personal growth
- Value driven culture: trustful, respectful, open, honest, empowering
- Competitive package with regional specific benefits
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance
- Free on-site lunch options, Personal Computer and Smartphone, Company Car
Inclusion is our ambition!
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer, offering a safe and inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and the appreciation of diversity, guaranteeing equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates to realize their full potential.
Address us the desired working conditions/ environment that will lift your efficiency. Typically, this kind of position is full-time, however please feel free to tell us if a more flexible arrangement would better enable you to take up this opportunity.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For further information or questions, you can contact: Siemens Spa, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Via Vipiteno, n.4 Milan (Italy).
For more details about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Either