Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as Head of Global Reagents Manufacturing.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers
Reporting to the Head of Laboratory Diagnostic Supply Chain Management, this position represents one of the most senior supply chain roles in Siemens Healthineers’ Laboratory Diagnostics business and will have direct oversight of a team of over 2,200 people, located in Massachusetts and Delaware in the US, as well as Wales, Germany, and China. The Head of Global Manufacturing-Reagents will lead activity across the in Healthineers Laboratory Diagnostics reagent network of manufacturing facilities.
The primary mission of the position is to lead and further develop a world class manufacturing team, processes and systems to support and meet company objectives around scale, cost, quality, and service.
Developing and advancing the operational strategic focus on continuous financial and supply improvement will be a central mandate of the Head of Global Reagents Manufacturing role.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities – Global Head of Reagent Manufacturing in with locations in Walpole, Massachusetts USA, Glasgow, Delaware USA, Llanberis, Wales, Marburg, Germany, and Shanghai, China
• In alignment with the global Laboratory Diagnostics SCM strategy and business objectives, develop and implement successful reagent manufacturing strategies for to meet and exceed company production objectives as well as identify long-term changes and process improvements that will significantly transform and improve operational efficiency and effectiveness across all reagent sites.
• Lead and continue to develop a team of talented manufacturing site leaders across the globe, to build, direct and implement strategic manufacturing management plans, policies, procedures and systems in order to best achieve overall manufacturing, quality and delivery targets
• Collaborate with peers in both the LD business, as well as the broader Siemens Healthineers supply chain, to drive operational excellence and innovate, pilot and apply best practices across the supply chain
• Effectively communicate the company vision, foster and role model Healthineers values and culture.
• Champion the Healthineers Performance System as a means to enable continuous improvement, employee engagement and organizational learning; core methods will include Hoshin Kanri, Value Stream Mapping, Structured Problem Solving, Visual Management, also leveraging adjacent methods of Coaching and Healthy Dialogue
• Promote quality principles throughout operations, grounded on natural compliance to policies, procedures and regulations, and sustained through reinforcement of “quality first” behaviors at all levels of management
• Hold reagent site leaders accountable to develop an annual operating plan, providing monthly and quarterly updates to proactively manage opportunities and risks and actively manage a balanced scorecard that spans Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Performance
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive of the usual duties associated with the position.
• Reports directly to Global Head of Laboratory Diagnostics Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing
• Global Planning, Business Leadership, Quality, IT and Real Estate
• Vendors, Contractors, Security Teams for Site Leadership
• Community/Civic Leadership relations as established/needed
• Dynamic environment with short decision-making hierarchy and cross-functional interdependence
• Innovative leader who blends strategy, operations, technology, and analytics to produce outstanding business results.
• Confident and effective communicator with strong interpersonal and leadership skills, able to gain followership and successfully navigate a complex organizational matrix, and attain buy-in from internal stakeholders
• Customer focused
• Team player
• Understands the demands of a manufacturing environment and must be a big picture thinker and independent implementer
• Strength in leading and developing team people ; capable of recruiting, managing and motivating strong teams, with a proven track record of having successfully managed manufacturing site leaders in the production of goods, ideally life science related
• Solid knowledge of leading edge Manufacturing operations
• Broad experience overseeing end-to-end site operations, with experience leading multiple sites
Skills & Qualifications (Education and Experience)
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering. Masters and/or PhD in a related field is highly desirable, and/or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
• 10-15 years of progressively responsible experience in a manufacturing/plant environment.
• Minimum of 5 years Senior Manufacturing Management experience principally focused on operations
• Experience in a large, global company environment or highly matrixed organization is ideal
• Prior experience with highly automated environments and FDA regulation is ideal. Life Science/ Reagent Manufacturing experience is highly preferred
• Experience in leveraging lean six sigma principles balanced with business transformation strategy desired
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date, except where prohibited by state law. Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons. If you choose to submit an accommodation request it should be submitted within 3 business days of receiving a verbal offer. Details on how to submit approval will be provided by your recruiter. An accommodation approval must be confirmed prior to your start date. A start date cannot be confirmed until the accommodation has been reviewed. An accommodation is based on your role. If you are a currently a Siemens Healthineers employee with an existing approved accommodation, it will need to be re-evaluated prior to starting a new role.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.