Siemens Mobility: Rail Infrastructure division has an immediate opening for a Continuous Improvement Engineer. Your primary responsibility will be to drive continuous improvement using Lean principles in various business areas such as Engineering, Project Management, Purchasing, and Manufacturing.What you will be doing:
- Recommend and implement process improvements using a combination of Lean Manufacturing with a focus on optimizing labor resources and systems, flow creation, 5S, and waste reduction
- Directly impact the improvement of existing operations for increased quality, productivity, efficiency, and cost savings.
- Facilitate and implement value stream mapping efforts
- Recommend and implement solutions based on the investigation of operational problems affecting production and reporting
- Capture and analyze data to monitor, improve and measure processes to target outcomes
- Identify ways to reduce production inefficiencies through recommendations such as new processes and waste elimination.
- Assist with training staff on new development processes and technology
- Adhere to lean manufacturing processes, emphasize, and encourage continuous improvement
- B.S. or higher in a related engineering subject area or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Six Sigma/LEAN concepts required
- 3+ years of successful lean implementation experience with a proven record of sustainable results
- Prior knowledge and practical experience in a manufacturing/industrial setting with a strong focus on Lean Manufacturing operations
- Experience driving continuous improvement by identifying and eliminating waste using applicable tools and analysis
- Experience applying and analyzing data to follow processes and conduct problem-solving
- Ability to coordinate activities across multiple subject areas
- Strong communication skills—written, verbal, and the ability to listen intently.
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% to other locations (Louisville and Pittsburgh primarily)
- Six Sigma green or black belt preferred
- Ability to work in a matrix environment & communicate to all levels of the organization
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate decisions in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and competence
- Proactive and creative with the ability to be a hands-on change agent
- Self-motivated with the ability to "think on your feet" and a "can-do" approach to work.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, computer, and basic business skills
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We are a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Systems Engineer with Siemens, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants shall not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.