Siemens Mobility drives and traction motors operate worldwide: More than 90,000 motors are used in various rail vehicles, from trams to high-speed trains to powerful locomotives. We match our traction motors and drives flawlessly to one another and the project-specific requirements. We can manufacture motors and drives in many countries to meet our customer's needs, and our service network covers the world.
Our Traction Drives business in Alpharetta, GA, is looking to hire a CMM Programmer to support metrology, inspection, and new product introduction at our rail components operation - and we want you to join our team!What your day-to-day will look like:
- Program CMM and FARO arm to make complex, precise measurements for inspection of mechanical parts with tight tolerances
- Train others on CMM and FARO. Create training aids and work instructions
- Determine, select, align, and secure holding fixtures, tooling, measuring probes, and other attachments on CMM using hand tools (micrometers, calipers) and precision measuring instruments as required for validation of programs
- Collaborate and troubleshoot with suppliers, customers, and engineering on technical issues relating to engineering requirements, CMM measurements, and methods
- Perform Gauge repeatability and reproducibility (R&R) and other statistical studies using CMM
- Evaluate equipment needs and purchase equipment for CMM, FARO, and CMM room
- Maintain and organize the CMM room. Ensure high cleanliness standards are sustained
- Advanced CMM programming experience using Zeiss Calypso software. Willing to learn and program in Polyworks and Labview.
- Proficient in reading and understanding mechanical drawings/ blueprints and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Ability to communicate technical information with others at all levels of the organization as well as customers/ suppliers
- Proficiency with geometry and trigonometry (machine shop math) and statistical analyses (gauge R&R, capability studies)
- Possess intermediate Microsoft Office skills for reporting (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task while demonstrating strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to lift/move up to 35 pounds routinely
- Ability to work overtime on short notice, may include weekends when required. Minimal travel is required for software training.
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.