Due to increased work within the Team, an opportunity has arisen to join the Siemens Mobility Rail Infrastructure (“RI”) Finance team as a R&D Accountant.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and forward-looking business and a department which is at the very heart of the organisation’s future success. Siemens is investing heavily in Finance digitalisation, using tools such as Tableau, Power BI, SAP Analytics, Power Automate, UI Path, and Alteryx. You will have opportunities to participate and help deliver these initiatives, which add variety to the role and help build your skills as a finance professional of the future.
You will join a small, friendly team of Finance professionals embedded within the business’ R&D Department. This role is ideally suited to someone who is part way through their accounting qualifications and looking for a team that will support them through their studies while offering great career development opportunities.
The role supports hybrid working with the expectation of 2-3 days on average spent in the office.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. The Finance function also offers a study support package to help with completing professional accounting qualifications.
This is your role
Provide Finance support across a portfolio of R&D Projects, including:
- Take responsibility for the financial control and reporting for a portfolio of R&D projects
- Lead project Finance meetings with Project Managers to review and challenge forecasts
- Attendance at monthly project review meetings
Provide Finance support for portfolio of cost centres, including:
- Manage monthly cost centre & headcount forecasts across a portfolio of cost centres
- Provide management information and support for cost centre managers
- Prepare annual budgets for cost centres including headcount and recoveries
Other tasks, including:
- Support continuous improvement activities within the team and in the wider R&D & Finance communities
- Provide cover for R&D Finance Lead and wider team
What do you need to qualify for this job?
- Part Qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA) or someone who just started their qualification
- Excellent Excel skills (pivot tables, lookup functions, data analysis)
- Experience of using SAP or similar ERP software
- Able to successfully communicate with non-Finance staff to explain finance topics
- Able to work to tight timescales and to use own initiative
- Motivated continuous improvement mindset and looking to contribute to wider R&D and Finance initiatives
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time