We are looking for a Material Coordinator to add to our Mobility Customer Service – NCTD Coaster Team. The right person will be highly organized, have great attention to detail, and have excellent communication and follow-up skills. You will assist in process development and maintenance, continuous improvement activities, and operations support. We're looking for demonstrated success in a fast-paced, fluid environment while ensuring that project initiatives are met. You will routinely assist the engineering and planning group in material-related issues and perform warehouse activities at the project site.What your day-to-day will look like:
- Overall material planning to include managing system stocking levels to ensure required material is on hand when required for all material requests.
- Assist with material identification/validation for maintenance. Prepares and pre-kits material as needed and stages material for upcoming maintenance events
- Manage transportation budget and costs for the project.
- Unloads, receives, verifies, and counts material delivered to the warehouse. Packs and ships material back to vendors for repair or replacement.
- Uses small hand tools and may operate material handling equipment, including forklifts and hand jacks (may require obtaining certification)
- Coordinate with internal Material Planner and our Central Warehouse for the continued flow of standard fulfillment, emergency material needs, and other material/logistics requirements
- Manage performance metrics for stores, including but not limited to the impact of material available on fleet availability
- Ensure that defective core material is processed timely, support Maintenance Planners for material support issues. Will work across functions to ensure cycle time of return inventory is performed at each process handoff
- Manage inventory cycle count activities at all locations, working with customer's labor to perform.
- Communicate shipment progress/movement and other equipment-related matters consistently and promptly. Maintain shipping policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED required; College degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in logistics coordination and material management experience.
- ERP and MRP system knowledge and experience (SAP/Oracle/Maximo)
- Strong experience in MS Office applications (Excel, Access, PPT, Word, Teams, Power BI, etc.)
- Approx. 5% local travel between sites
- The preferred candidate will have experience in the railway industry or corresponding experience in a related field.
- Experience in managing conflicting metrics such as transportation cost and material availability, for example
- Familiarity with LEAN and Six Sigma concepts
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.