Cloud Engineer Position Overview
Objective of the Position:
The Siemens PLM Innovation and Research team is looking for passionate Cloud DevOps Engineers to help create the next generation of PLM software products tackling a variety of problems like Data Wrangling, Microservices, Declarative Client, plus many more. As a key member of the Innovation and Research team, you will have the unique opportunity to shape and build a brand new product offering from Siemens while getting hands on experience integrating with many Siemens PLM products.
You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged. At Siemens, every Software engineer has the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities.
Siemens is a high growth organization working on products and software that is changing the world. Be part of this fantastic new opportunity and inspiring culture of relentless innovation towards Ingenuity for Life.
Primary Accountabilities of the Role:
The person in this role, you will be working closely with other internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development life-cycle. You will analyze, design, implement and validate strategies for continuous integration, build, test and deployment to both on-premises and cloud based infrastructure while ensuring high availability on production and non-production systems. You will design and implement automated, dynamic environments to support the needs of development teams, and collaborate with functional and technical team members to develop deployment strategies for existing and new types of development and operations services, while leading the enablement of processes and teams. The person in this role will be on an Agile Scrum team along with other Cloud DevOps engineers, and will participate a daily scrum meeting, updating story tasks, and providing daily updates to the team.
Where the position fits in the organization
This position would be in the Innovation and Research team reporting to Ken Rogers. The Innovation and Research team is within the LCS organization under the Business Driven Innovation and Research Organization.
• Develop and improve the tools and technologies that make up a secure continuous delivery software development pipeline for cloud based deployments.
• Support the development teams in implementing and maintaining DevOps pipeline steps for building, testing, packaging, and deployment
• Consult directly with development teams in areas of continuous build and test, deployment, or security
• Manage stack deployments to horizontally and vertically scale in a sustainable fashion through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Evaluating new tools and technologies to constantly improve the software release process.
Job tasks include:
• Analyze, design, implement and validate strategies for continuous integration, build, test and deployment to both on-premises and cloud based infrastructure while ensuring high availability on production and nonproduction systems
• Build automated deployments using configuration management technology. Deploy new modules, upgrades and fixes various environments in support of developers.
• Define, implement and ensure the adoption of development and operations standards and guidelines.
• Collaborate with architecture to ensure development standards are aligned with architectural standards
• Collaborate with architects to ensure development standards are aligned with architectural standards
• Plan and perform ongoing routine application maintenance tasks. May assist in production support activities
• Liaison with Release Management to ensure modules are ready for production, release notes/deployment plans are accurate and up to date and all verifications of functionality meets expectations
• Responsible for ensuring processes are fully documented, and training, educational sessions and knowledge transfer is conducted in support of developing skillsets
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of 5 years of development experience and a combination of the following:
• Familiarity implementing and administering dependency management and static code analysis platforms like Nexus and SonarQube
• Experience in creating automated build/deploy pipelines including incorporating automated testing for Angular4, Node.js, .Net, TypeScript and Java
• Experience working with AWS services (ex: EC2, S3, RDS) as to build, from the ground up, reliable infrastructure services in AWS to deliver highly scalable services
• Familiarity with build & release automation tools and methodologies like TFS/VSTS, Jenkins, CloudBees, GitLab
• Well-versed in common shell scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash, etc.
• Sophisticated problem solving / trouble shooting experience to provide innovative solutions to complex issues
• Proven ability to maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, business processes, etc
• Strong communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to influence and drive change as well as adapt communication to your audience; up to an including executive level management
• Proven ability to connect systems to provide high quality interoperability.
• Demonstrated experience in synthesizing complex information to arrive at logical recommendations; and to make recommendations/decisions based on stakeholder needs and any other data available to you to select the best course of action
• Proven ability to measure and evaluate work processes, with the ability to redesign processes as needed using best methods and technology to meet or exceed business needs
• Ability and interest to mentor/coach others
• History of being focused on results
• Infrastructure as Code
• AWS CloudFormation, Hashicorp Terraform
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience using Amazon Web Services console, CLI, APIs. AWS Certifications are especially helpful
• Configuration Management Tools
• Experience developing solutions using infrastructure orchestration tools (Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, etc.)
• Experience with UI/UX design for complex workflows and/or for technical end users / domain experts
• Experience working with common application architectures (app/web servers, containerization, etc.)
• Knowledge of IP Networking including VPC?s, DNS, load-balancing, and firewalls
• Understanding of microservice development and best practices
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time