An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain professional to come and join our highly proactive / forward thinking team. We really want to make a difference not only in delivering operational supply chain excellence, but to meet the future of Mobility (Fleet and Travel) with a real focus on ensuring Siemens meets its sustainable Net Zero carbon targets.
You will be a real team player and open communicator plus have an open/growth mindset. We are looking for someone who is inquisitive / curious and thus creative but also digitally orientated.
You will be responsible initially for activities focusing on the Siemens fleet and associated Siemens strategic supplier relationship management. You will also have the opportunity to learn and develop within the team and shape the future Mobility landscape.
The role is based from our Manchester office, but as a team we follow our excellent flexible working policy and encourage home working and flexible working patterns.
What part will you play?
1. Strategic Projects and Commodity management – Contribute and implement project work to optimise processes, improve supply chain resilience and plan for future trends / needs within the commodity
2. Data Analytics - Identify trends and opportunities to drive business value add and process improvements through analysis in conjunction with SCM Data Analyst
3. Team Work - Work within our small team and wider supply chain organisation to achieve the best outcomes by joint, goal-oriented action
4. Knowledge Management – Ensure up to date and future thinking by using external network and internal Fleet and Travel Siemens community
5. Communication - Maintain regular contact with relevant interfaces to gather information, fully inform network partners and ensure information exchange with relevant interfaces
6. Savings & Relevant KPIs - Generate, document and implement savings and ensure the target achievement to contribute to the success of the business and make results transparent
7. Supplier Management - Perform Supplier Management including, regular supplier and strategic evaluations and supplier development to obtain and develop the best suppliers and to ensure an optimum supply chain.
What skills and experience will you bring to the role?
· Experience in Supply chain role, ideally within category / commodity management
· Working within fleet or travel would be advantageous
· Data analysis skills with analytical mindset
· Customer focused, with experience managing customer / supplier relationships
· Excellent communication skills
· Creative and digitally oriented, with inquisitive growth mindset
We’ve got quite a lot to offer!
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, 26 days holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Siemens recognises that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants.
Organization: Supply Chain Management
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time