The Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) works closely with customers, Application Engineers (AE), and sales team members to promote and deliver Siemens EDA products and related services. TMEs also provide input to engineering regarding customer requirements and help test new software to ensure alignment with customer needs.
Reporting to the Technical Marketing manager, the TME helps the EBS division meet its annual revenue goals directly by supporting customer evaluations and delivering consulting services and indirectly by developing sales enablement materials used by others. This position focuses on the Xpedition Data Management solution to develop the candidate into a consultant on this application in two years.
Specific tasks and deliverables include the following.
- Create sales enablement materials, including presentations, workshops, videos, instructional documents, scripts, design kits, and the like.
- Train AEs, sales team members, and customers on product capabilities and process best practices through live events and/or recorded materials.
- Support sales activities through customer interaction, including demonstrations and hands-on evaluations
- Provide input to engineering regarding customer requirements
- Attend Agile scrum demos, test pre-release software, and log issues as necessary
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
- 2+ years of experience working in a technical industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; comfortable leading detailed technical conversations and presenting to large audiences
- No travel restrictions
- Qualified Applicants must be United States citizens.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of printed circuit board (PCB) design and manufacturing processes
- Experience using EDA tools (Mentor/Siemens, Cadence, Altium, etc.)
- Experience using Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools such as Siemens Teamcenter, PTC Windchill, and Enovia 3DX
- Programming skills including Java, VB.NET, and Perl
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements and accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.