Companies don’t move the world forward, people do. Help us lead the way to a smarter future!
Siemens Corporation is seeking a motivated individual for Tax Manager position serving our Digital Industries Software business. The individual will have the flexibility with a hybrid work week near one of the following offices: Alpharetta, GA, Iselin, NJ or Plano, TX. Currently, the team is working remote.
Description of the Position
The position will be focused on the company’s SISW business, with its focus on tax challenges associated with the high technology industry, including mergers and acquisitions, evolving business models, and a complex and changing regulatory environment. The corporate team has tax specific responsibilities across all areas of tax related matters and provides support to management in making various business and operational decisions. Tax leadership has a strong history of promotion from within as such the position offers a great deal of growth opportunity for strong performers.
We are looking for a motivated individual that has a high level of professionalism, is friendly, dedicated, has strong decision making skills and wants growth opportunity. You will work well as part of a team, have high ethical standards, learn quickly, and have a strong attention to detail. By joining the tax team, you will become part of a highly collaborative environment. You will interact with business partners in multiple departments and countries. We envision the role as consultative and project based work with an emphasis on the taxation of high technology. The duties will vary depending upon the needs of the department. The Tax Manager will also provide support to other team members in addressing compliance, provision, tax audits, transfer pricing and M&A. Duties may include:
- Providing advice with respect to tax consequences of business transactions, including the research, review, documentation, and implementation of tax positions that support these transactions
- Undertaking projects to respond to business and tax law changes, including optimizing global value flows and reviewing the characterizations of software sales and assessing associated withholding tax costs
- Supporting transfer pricing requirements, including creating and updating transfer pricing reports, consensus determinations and preparation of related documentation
- Supporting the setting and testing of tax requirements in ERPs system
- Assisting in M&A due diligence and integration activities, including the integration of newly acquired IP into global structures, and assisting with coordinating and determining the tax implications of global legal entity integration project
- Developing comprehensive tax integration project plan that includes all tax workstream and functional tasks. Managing integration steps to achieve project milestones.
- Collaborating with business and other corporate stakeholders
Required Experience, Education and Skills:
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required. CPA, MST, MBA, JD or LLM in tax is a plus
- 7+ years of progressive experience in public accounting and/or internal tax department
- Experience working in consultative based positions, including international tax, transfer pricing, M&A, and general corporate tax
- Strong tax technical knowledge, research capabilities, analytical and qualitative skills, including the ability to conceptualize and think creatively
- Excellent project management, organizational and documentation skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead integration in cross functional, fast paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent digital literacy with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Acrobat required. Experience with Corptax Software preferred, with experience in SAP, analytical tools like Alteryx, and dashboard tools like Tableau being an additional plus.
- Ability to travel~10% (Post Covid)
Why you’ll love working at Siemens!
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Flexible paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Paid parental leave
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.