Finance Director – Swords, Ireland
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Come and join our team as a Finance Director at our Diagnostics Manufacturing site in Swords, Ireland.
The role will entail managing a group of finance professionals to provide financial direction, reporting, and control to the plant and legal entity to ensure attainment of cost objectives within the guidelines of corporate policies, procedures, and generally accepted accounting principles (standards).
The role holder will report directly to the Vice President, Finance LD SCM MF and act as a strategic business partner to the Swords senior management team as well as a member of the LD Manufacturing financial organization. The person will be expected to develop good working relationships within the department, with local senior management and finance personnel in the Healthineers and Corporate departments. The FD is a member of the Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Limited Board and with a team of 5 finance professionals.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide analytical, forecasting, budgeting, LRBP and financial guidance and support to all functions at the site.
- Directs and/or prepares all financial statements, reports, and analysis for the Swords site
- Recruits, manages, and develops the legal entity finance staff to ensure an uninterrupted and efficient accounting operation
- Direct and/or prepares all statutory and corporate financial statements, reports and analysis for the site. Liaise with external and internal auditors, tax and legal advisors, providing all necessary information and process support.
- Directs and participates in the annual plant budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning processes, ensuring compliance to timetables and procedures.
- Directs the development of accurate product costing and variance reporting, implementing improvements to reporting and systems as required."
- Participate as an integral part of the Plant management team, providing financial analyses, evaluations, decision making insights and interpretations on all aspects of manufacturing operations. Initiates meetings with manufacturing management to drive financial performance, resolve cost problems and recommends cost management concepts, methods, and procedures to facilitate operational controls.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal control procedures and systems, including compliance monitoring in accordance with corporate policies and GAAP. Review and control of plant capital asset requests and preparation/validation of associated financial analysis. Responsible for management and results of local annual audit.
- To be the Finance lead on strategic projects such as new product development, capital investments, continuous improvement and other site initiatives as required.
- EHS - To comply with and support the SHDML Health, Safety and Environment statements, policies and procedures.
Your qualifications and experience:
- CIMA/ACCA Accounting qualification, BA/BS Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent qualification. MBA, CPA, or equivalent profession accreditation required
- 10 years with significant financial senior management and reporting experience
- Minimum 10 years manufacturing experience
- Successfully manage multiple priorities and reporting requirements
- Extensive knowledge of product costing techniques and inventory accounting/management.
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- PC Literate - knowledge of MS Office, including Excel to Advanced level
- Knowledge of IAS, US, GAAP & Sarbox
- ERP systems knowledge, preferably SAP
- Understanding of legal entity board structure, procedures and corporate governance practices
- Experience of working in a multi-national organisation
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time