Siemens Digital Industries Customer Service team is seeking a dynamic Service Operations Manager to lead our Factory Automation and Process Automation service team in the UK.
This would be a great opportunity for the successful candidate to showcase both management skills and technical competence, leading a first class team of field service specialists and project delivery experts.
This is a remote role which will require travel throughout the UK and Ireland. With our fantastic remote working policy, a location across the UK is flexible
The successful candidate will…
• Manage the Factory and Process Automation Service business. This includes but not limited to field service, retrofit projects and Service Agreements for DCS, SCADA, PLC, MES, Instrumentation and Analytics.
• Balance financial metrics with employee and customer needs.
• Submit financial forecasting information monthly.
• Maintain and improve planned and executed margins for Service projects, maintenance agreements and Time & Material agreements.
• Provide technical and operational support for the sales teams, including pricing and scope-of-work definition for Service project opportunities.
• Lead a Team of Field Technicians, Engineers and Team Leaders.
• Proactively forecast labour needs and costs to exceed our customer commitments.
• Build and maintain an effective operations organisation committed to customer (NPS) and employee satisfaction with a goal of profitable growth.
• Manage or advise on hiring, training, development, allocation, and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Assist Team Leaders with training and development of operations personnel.
• Develop manpower schedules and project loading to ensure contract completion in an efficient and profitable manner.
• Conduct one-to-one reviews with direct reports to help develop each individual’s potential on the team.
• Identify and support training and development for staff
• Participate in or facilitate Project reviews.
• Provide technical expertise, leadership and accountability for installed projects.
• Communicate regularly with customers through all phases of the work we perform for them.
• Actively coordinate project schedules with the Field personnel, Project Managers, Engineering to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments whilst developing staff. Prioritise schedules and effectively assign available resources
• Ensure compliance, service quality, IT Security and regional laws and regulations are adhered to.
• Responsible for maintaining a Safety culture and to drive associated activities.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
• Required education: HND minimum qualification in an appropriate technical discipline or equivalent.
• Required experience: extensive industry experience, and preferably demonstrable experience of leading a team.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
• Excellent communication skills in English.
• A thorough understanding of project management processes.
• Must be able to work unrestricted in the UK.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Siemens encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, and we support applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with https://www.vercida.com/uk/employers/siemens the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.