At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
The Electrification and Automation Business Unit is looking for a Plant Manager to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all manufacturing activities in our Wendell, North Carolina location, a manufacturing and distribution facility primarily focused on energy distribution. Electrification and Automation offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. Our comprehensive portfolio meets the growing technical requirements of todays and tomorrow’s power grid.
Plant Manager Job Duties
The plant manager is responsible for the daily direction and coordination of a manufacturing operation in the assembly of electric-vehicle chargers, low-voltage motor control centers, retrofit breakers and replacement circuit breakers. This position has overall responsibility for approximately one hundred employees and reports directly to the Business Unit Operations leadership. The individual will develop efficiency strategies to ensure the attainment of business metrics and production goals with attention to budgetary requirements. Promote a culture that focuses on safety, quality, cost, and delivery while actively driving continuous improvement across the organization. Act as liaison for the business, maintaining sound working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Plan, organize, direct, and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime, Siemens Production Systems experience, or other Lean Manufacturing experience necessary
- Commit to plant safety procedures and drive Siemens Zero Harm Culture
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Drive an ownership culture where all employees feel they are an integral part of the business
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree (business, engineering, or related field)
- 5+ years’ experience in operations management to include experience materials management, production management, or quality management
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory, and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy, SAP and Salesforce.com experience preferred
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Strong understanding of operational processes and business acumen
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of flexible paid time off, a matching 401K plan, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, and so much more.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.