We are Siemens
At Siemens Digital Industries Software, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Through our simulation software, testing systems and engineering services we enable advanced manufacturing companies to get better products to market faster and turn superior process efficiency into key competitive advantages. We tackle the challenges associated with intelligent system design with a strong passion for innovation and a continuous drive for excellence.
The Interfaces & Solver team is looking for a Quality and Test engineer! Our team oversees the development of the simulation system, co-simulation engine, HPC submission system and external interfaces of Simcenter Amesim (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbTdkqlq1nM). We are also responsible for the numerical solver which lies at the heart of this state-of-the-art system simulation software.
Within this rich and challenging environment, your responsibilities will be:
- With the team Developers and Product Owner, ensure from the definition of new features that we will match customers’ expectations through the upstream definition of relevant tests.
- Perform inventive testing on newly developed features and non-regression testing on existing features.
- Automate end-to-end test scenarios reflecting customer approach to ensure that quality is not only a one-time stamp but rather a long-term value.
- Monitor quality metrics (automatic tests, test coverage, static code analysis) and work with developers to improve it.
- Provide support for internal and external customers.
- Contribute to our Agile / Scrum software development and help to improve our methods, tools and processes.
This is a unique opportunity for you to endorse a key role in our team. The ideal candidate has a good knowledge in System Simulation and will strive to ensure top-quality user experience. Customer satisfaction must be a daily-driving concern.
- Graduated as a mechatronics, control, mechanics, thermal, fluid or electronic engineer or equivalent, you have a first experience using System Simulation in the industry, ideally with Simcenter Amesim, (but other software are also relevant, e.g. Simulink, GT, Modelica, Flomaster, etc.). With a solid software culture, you are interested in software testing. Knowledge of Python language and/or Matlab will be appreciated. Experience with both Windows and Linux is clearly a plus.
- As you will integrate an international team, a good level in both spoken and written English is compulsory.
- Proactive in your day-to-day work, acknowledged for your good relational, autonomous, serious, and rigorous with a good ability in team working, it is easy for you to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
What we offer?
- Meal tickets
- Christmas, Easter, and summer monetary bonus
- 13th month salary
- Medical packages for employee, spouse, and children
- Complex sports package with limitless access for the employee
- Private pension
- Annual eyewear compensation
- Tickets reimbursement for opera, philharmonic, or theater for the employee +1
- 2 ski passes/month for local resorts in the winter season
- Increasing number of vacation day based on seniority
- 2 sick leave days per semester for medical unavailability (4 days per semester for parents of small children)
- Compensation for bank holidays which fall on a weekend
- Trainings, conferences, and other educational events access
- Internal training platform
- Kit for working from home (desk, chair etc.)
- Gifts for employees and/or children for Easter, June 1st, Christmas etc.
We offer an international environment with more than 140,000 customers around the world who already rely on our expertise in digitization. We are involved in exciting and varied customer projects in the aerospace, automotive and transportation, consumer products and retail, electronics and semiconductors, energy and utilities, industrial machinery and heavy machinery, maritime, and medical devices and pharmaceuticals industries. With us, you will find a team-oriented work environment, comprehensive training options and attractive benefits. Through individual target agreements and diverse career models with specialization options, we offer you the opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Be part of the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Siemens Digital Industries Software Homepage:
Siemens Digital Enterprise videos:
Siemens PLM & MOM videos:
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software S.r.l.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time