We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Accountant to join our Rail Infrastructure Electrification team based from either our offices in London or Coventry.
Supporting the Electrification Finance Manager, you will provide specifically defined financial controls for our London based Rail Electrification projects, cost centres and bid projects and provide timely and accurate information to ensure that Corporate Governance requirements are fully met.
Whatever your background, you’ll love your prospects at Siemens. The projects are stimulating, the mindset is innovative, and the rewards are excellent! With Siemens, you’ll receive training and support, and be encouraged to take ownership of your role from day one.
This is the challenge
- Undertake a handover from the Tendering and Estimating team of the financial elements of a successful bid, creating the baseline budget, project reports and full set up in the SAP system
- Report project actual and forecast spend to support Work Package Managers (WPM) and the Project Manager (PM) in the financial control and forecasting of their budgets
- Analyse new project forecasts, developing a view on robustness, timing, risk and opportunity. Review and, if necessary, challenge with both WPM and PM before finalising
- Ensuring all change is properly incorporated in cost and value, completing tender templates to determine budgeted cost
- Maintain for each project the P&L, balance sheet, order book and cashflow on behalf of the PM
- Working with other parts of the project team as necessary e.g. Commercial function, prepare project reporting to the client where required
- Ensure all project reports and forecasts are submitted to Central Finance on time, accurate, and are understood and approved, where necessary, by the PM and Senior Manager, Finance
- Act as the independent conscience of the project ensuring the integrity of the financial status and forecast, raising issues or concerns where necessary
- Calculate and review project accruals related to internal and agency staff, materials, and major subcontractors
- Manage or support the setup, submission and processing of Payment Applications, certificates and invoices, including all postings to the ledger
- Actively monitor the payment cycle ensuring any required actions are taken to improve the cash position, chasing payments with supplier where necessary
- On Target Cost/Cost reimbursable contracts, ensure timely and accurate provision of all supporting information to enable issuing, approval and payment of all actual costs claimed
- Provide guidance to other Project Accountants in the team
- Follow all Group accounting policies, but in particular with the long term contract accounting policy
What do you need to qualify for this job
- Part or fully Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA)
- Previous accountancy experience
- Someone who is strong mathematically
- Advanced Excel skills (including pivot tables, formulas, and macros)
- Excellent communicator with the ability to challenge and influence others
- Desire and ability to work closely and develop productive relationships with both Finance staff other project functions
- The ability to analyse and use data to make valuable contributions to a process or activity
- Someone who is technically savvy and strives to automate processes (knowledge or Tableau or Power BI would be an advantage)
- Be prepared to travel if required, occasional travel to project sites
- Relevant contract accountant experience is preferred but not essential
- Recent management experience is preferred but not essential
- SAP knowledge or basic understanding of SAP would be an advantage
Employee benefits include:
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time