The Siemens Logistics Head of Engineering
will reside in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and report directly to the Director
of Operations. The ideal candidate will have proven leadership skills to
drive growth and achievement within the business. A broad engineering
background within the industry is desired but not mandatory for this
position. This role plans, manages, and oversees the Engineering Organization
(30+ employees). The Head of Engineering drives change management to a
multi-disciplined, high performance engineering organization. This role
provides leadership aimed at driving high engineering performance and
effectiveness while delivering reduced engineering costs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: performance management, coaching and development, budgets, establishing best practices, and driving continuous improvement. Inspires and motivates "virtual" teams across multiple locations to instill a high-performance culture.
- Recognized leader by peers and management in the accomplishment of complex projects such as redesign efforts, design reviews, investigations and studies including work flow definition, reporting relationships, scope, schedule and cost to obtain optimum effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates leadership and responsiveness toward customer satisfaction and improved delivery of services.
- Demonstrates advanced understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
- Interpret high level targets and metrics into terms of department and individual deliverables.
- Aligns policies/products and development efforts with company strategies.
- Motivate resource personnel that are direct reports to support projects.
- Looked to for organizational coaching and mentoring.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with all other colleagues.
- Recognized as leader in problem solving, both technical and organizational.
- Strong presenter at customer or group meetings.
- Coordinate customer communications on projects (investigations, implementations, field dispositions).
- Effectively lead efforts that represent high priority issues or opportunities to the company.
- Effective in communicating pertinent information to upper and international management succinctly and accurately.
- Has high level of respect and cooperation among managers and key players/managers in interface groups including other worldwide Siemens Logistics engineering groups in Germany, Dubai, Portugal and India.
- Establishes, maintains and adjusts engineering budgets.
- Generates estimates of personnel loading for department.
- Consistently identifies opportunities for improvement, both organizationally and technically.
- Effectively champions and enacts others' innovations where beneficial to the company.
- BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree. Process or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Typically 10+ years of successful experience including experience in management of mechanical, electrical, controls, software and systems engineering.
- Experience in defining and improving engineering processes.
- Background of managing and controlling R&D projects on time and within budget.
- Ownership attitude when interfacing and coordinating with other business functions like SCM, Operations, and Sales.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.