The next wave of innovation for motors and drives
The “Digital Drive Train” (DDT) is a portfolio of digital offerings supporting the engineering and operation of a drive train (e.g., industrial motor and inverter) – providing, for instance, engineers with a virtual representation of the drive train for faster and more accurate engineering, faster commissioning and users who are seeking for an optimization of their operation e.g. with a predictive maintenance solution to avoid unplanned down times. Such digital offerings are not only an emerging business on their own, but they are also vital to ensure the future competitiveness of the entire Siemens drive train portfolio. Customers increasingly demand digitally enriched motors and inverters to e.g., know in advance about a potential failure of a motor, estimate the remaining lifetime, and take data-based operational decisions thanks to automated interpretations of anomalies in operations. Furthermore, the DDT is an important ingredient to optimize the performance and the environmental footprint of a drive train.
Siemens already has a rich DDT offering consisting of connectivity and cloud and edge-based analytics application solutions and Simulation and Virtualization offerings consisting of digital twin offerings ranging from static/semantic product twins to dynamic simulation model based performance twins to address Siemens and 3rd party motors as well as Siemens inverters, developed by different teams of the Business Unit Motion Control (MC), supporting OEMs and end customers to take the operation of motors and inverters to new performance levels.
Join us and contribute to driving digitalization in industry!
What will be your main responsibilities?
- Global headquarters responsibility for developing the digitalization business; close cooperation with our regional sales organizations to scale up the global business
- Develop and implement the sales strategy for our digitalization offerings around the drive train to successfully grow the business and market share.
- Understand the market and customer requirements and deduce and implement a go-to-market strategy accordingly.
- Identify industrial target applications for our digitalization portfolio.
- Lead co-creation partnerships with key customers
- Actively promote the digitalization portfolio internally and to customers.
- Support the market launch of new digitalization portfolio elements in our key regions.
- Support local regional sales organizations with respect to quotations, technical support, and all other aspects to gain further market share.
- Visit target customers together with regional sales force and promote our solution portfolio.
You can look forward to:
- Being part of a highly motivated, startup-like team.
- Working for a market leader in drive solutions and digitalization of industry.
- Helping our customers to boost their productivity and innovate their products in the name of Industrial IoT
- Experiencing a truly multicultural atmosphere with travelling and use of English on a daily basis
- Business university degree with focus on engineering/ strategy/ digitalization
- Ideally some technology background or experience in IIoT and/or simulation of drive technology
- Good knowledge of target markets and customer applications for drives & motors
- Proficient English language skills for daily business communication; a command of the German language is an additional asset
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We are committed to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This is how we work best. Problem solvers and entrepreneurs are highly welcome.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens and learn more: www.siemens.com
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time