Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
- Primarily responsible for bid management, proposal (preliminary) engineering and proposal creation for VFD’s and VFD systems for applications in all industries.
- Review and understand customer standards, specifications, and requirements. Review and understand industry and regulatory standards and requirements (ANSI, NEMA, IEEE, IEC, CSA etc). Able to apply all to a project proposal.
- Carry the above-mentioned proposal engineering and knowledge through a project life cycle to support the project execution team in an engineering management role.
- Support project commissioning activities throughout Canada either indirectly or directly on site. Support witness testing at various factory locations. Limited travel will be required.
- Support sales team across Canada in technical areas for various industrial applications.
- Possess the ability to work well with customers, sales representatives, account managers, service technicians and our vendors to convey the expectations into the quotes.
- Prepare multiple quotations simultaneously, accurately, and on time.
What will you need to succeed?
- Electrical or Electronics degree/diploma from an accredited university or technical institute. Eligible for E.I.T., C.E.T., P.Eng or P.Tech.(Eng) designation
- 10+ year experience in industrial environments/applications including Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Marine, Mining
- Good working knowledge in automation, controls, protection, drive systems, power systems, motors, electrical integration, switchgear and motor control with a willingness and aptitude to learn.
- Excellent communication skills with good understanding of English.
- Ability to understand and manage internal and external customers expectations and generally operate independently.
- A go getter, problem solver and able to operate in a fast-changing environment with a customer first focus.
- Experience integrating VFD’s within a system which is custom tailored to the specific application and environment.
- Experience with VFD’s and the surrounding equipment (motors, switchgear, PLC etc). Siemens VFD experience is a bonus.
- Experience with project documentation requirements (manuals, drawing submittal, ITP’s etc)
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.