Are you an entrepreneurial international project management head with commissioning and construction experience? A critical power expert, with the ambition to make data centers more sustainable? This is your new challenge! At Siemens, we strive for continuous improvement of the CO2 footprint of our customers, the hyperscale data centers.
You are responsible for the realization of the low and medium voltage- and energy automation projects within our global Center of Competence for data center projects, with its headquarter in The Netherlands. The complexity in these projects is created by the size, speed, the location(s) and the continuous pressure in realization. We develop dynamic projects for a large clientele. As Head of Project Management, you will be a key contributor to our growth and profitability through perfectly completed projects, effectively leading your team and being the driving force for efficiency in business.
The key elements of this role are:
- Management: you will lead a growing international team of currently 15 project managers. You mentor experienced and starting employees from all over the world. You build an environment that inspires and encourages new solutions and ways of working by using co-creation, design thinking, agile, lean and facilitate your team to successfully deliver projects. In addition to the project managers, you will also manage the logistics department, site managers and our work planner.
- Development and strategy: You will work in an innovative and highly successful environment with extreme growth. The projects are lined up and therefore growing pains are present. Your challenge will be to help prioritize processes and structures that provides possibility for expansion. The identification & implementation of suitable technical & commercial mitigation strategies are our way to continuous improvement of our services to our customers. You have a vision for our long-term strategy and should know what steps are vital for achieving goals.
- Operational tasks: with a hands-on approach, you work closely with your team members and contribute to projects as needed. You will ensure that reliability, timely fulfilment of our commitments and continued demonstration of our added customer value are paramount.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is a leading partner for the hyperscale data center industry. The Center of Competence Data Centers in The Hague focuses on the realization of multidisciplinary hyper scale data center projects on a global scale. Our team works in a rapidly growing department with strong focus on the latest technologies within energy technology, where we are active in a very broad market. Niche is that we realize projects from design phase up-to-and including hand over to the client. We use our own factories for this. Our portfolio consists of power distribution systems such as medium and low voltage switchgear, transformers, busbar systems, protective relays, automation and monitoring systems and modular structures such as E-Houses and Skids.
Interested to see more about our business? Please see this website
and our online magazine ElectricityMatters
You have experience in leading teams, in planning, prioritizing and budgeting projects and activities. We are also asking for excellent interpersonal and business skills. You are a calm and stable partner for your stakeholders and are able to make difficult decisions.
We operate internationally and diversity is our core. Experience with people from all walks of life, including different cultures and backgrounds, junior employees to senior management, is essential.
Further, you have:
- a technical master or non-technical master with a proven track record in technical project management, preferably in electrical power distribution
- proven experience in coordinating multidisciplinary teams within EPCM projects (may also include part responsibilities, with specialization on E&I)
- experience with interface & integration of contractors & end users
- a minimum of 5 years experience as inspiring manager
- preferably you have experience with data center projects and therefore have knowledge of our market, our customers and their business structures
- good language skills in English
- no problem making occasional trips abroad.
What we offer
Appreciation, opportunities and possibilities are key parts of working at Siemens. We offer a full-time job in an informal and professional environment. You will get a lot of space to complete your tasks at your own discretion and to develop technical and personal skills. Furthermore:
- A great salary, a company lease car and yearly profit share
- Freedom and a healthy work-life balance. Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces (New Working Model)
- Working from home allowance, a good retirement plan and a yearly health budget
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation days depending on your lifestyle
- A buddy program to quickly expand your network within Siemens
- Opportunities to advance your career and extensive training options
- Equity via our shares program.
Sounds interesting? Don't wait any longer and apply!
If you should have any questions, please contact Marianne van Ruyven, Talent Acquisition, +316 10204360.
We believe diversity builds more opportunity for success. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life: it doesn’t matter the gender, age, ethnic background, sexual orientation or disability. Our main aim is to find people from around the globe who can contribute to world-changing technology.
Screening and an online assessment are part of the application process.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Nederland N.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Either