Responsible for operating punch, shear and brake machines in the fabrication of custom parts. Job is typically performed indoors, occasionally lifting heavy materials, wearing common safety equipment ( i.e. cut resistant gloves/sleeves, safety shoes, safety glasses and ear plugs etc..), being exposed to loud noises. This position is 2nd Shift (current shift hours 4pm to 12:30 am).
Pay Rate: $17.70/hr (includes a shift differential)
Main Job Duties
- Sets up, programs, tests, and adjusts machines to shear, pierce, extrude, bend, and/or shape material according to specifications.
- Processes work orders in adherence to the production schedule or expedited orders.
- Reads and interprets blueprints to produce desired parts.
- Installs, exchanges, aligns, and locks specified punches, dies, or other fixtures on machines as applicable.
- Interfaces industrial robot (if applicable) for picking and placing materials on a conveyor or other specified device.
- Loads, positions, and secures materials against fixtures, clamps, or stops on machines.
- Observes equipment operations and resolves problems with the machine operator control.
- Inspects completed workpieces for defects (e.g. jagged edges or marred surfaces).
- Measures completed workpieces (with the use of squares, tape measure, calipers, etc.) to verify conformance with specifications.
- Marks parts with identifying information.
- Neatly stacks fabricated parts on carts, conveyors, or any other specified devices.
- Properly discards scrap and/or defected materials that are not serviceable.
- Initiates scrap tickets to generate part replacement orders.
- Works with Material Handlers to ensure the material for each job is available (e.g. copper, aluminum, cold rolled steel, galvanized steel etc.)
- Cleans and maintains machines, equipment, and work area to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Performs other work as directed by Supervision.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Skills and capabilities
- Basic computer skills and use of basic mechanical /measuring tools
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English
- Ability to stand to perform job duties
- Ability to reach, grasp and lift up to 50 lbs, push/pull and slide heavy material
- Ability to stoop, bend, squat, crawl and climb
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to learn all equipment operated in the facility, and follow established processes
- Must be able to make coordinated movements of the hands and arms to grasp and move objects.
Siemens has been recognized as one as one of the “World’s Most Admired Company” of the fortune 500 companies that is 170 + year in business.
Our Pomona center is growing, and we are in need of excited, talented
individuals interested in making Siemens a Career Choice.
Join our dynamic Pomona center, during the last 3 years we have expanded the operations, and our business has significantly grown. We are looking for enthusiastic, hard working and motivated people to join our team.
High potential of conversion to full time positions within 60-90 days, based on performance and ability to learn. Once temp is converted to permanent employment, Siemens will offer excellent compensation package which include 401K contribution 6%, medical insurance, dental insurance, Paid Leave/Paid Sick Leave, 10 Paid Holidays, incentive bonuses and incremental rate increases every 6 months.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.