Make a difference with us
We spend up to 90% of our lives in buildings. It’s where we are born, raised, educated. It’s where we eat, enjoy ourselves and work. This makes buildings the heart of our lives and communities.
At Siemens Smart Infrastructure, our UX mission is creating smart building solutions that actively contribute to wellbeing, efficiency, resiliency and safety. We are creating environments that care for the people, reduce the complexity of managing infrastructures and leverage the power of data to make our buildings eco-friendly.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global multidisciplinary UX Studios and cross-functional teams to advocate the needs of the user, shaping our next generation products.
As a User Research Lead, you will be instrumental to investigate current and future user needs. You will lead generative, evaluative, qualitative and quantitative research methods to build understanding and empathy for our users, improving product definition and drive business goals.
Join our team and help us to create environments that care! We will be happy to introduce you to our global and international community!
Your new responsibilities
- Set up a user research program, recruit a user advisory board, define processes and ensure transparent documentation and communication
- Contribute to the user centered culture at Siemens, establish and evolve our ways of working with, developing and evangelizing standards and best practices for user research
- Lead and mentor UX/UR team members, ensure alignment of UR initiatives and oversee the team’s compliance and outcomes
- Shape product strategies grounded in user research insights, act as a strategic partner and develop excellent relationships with cross-functional leaders
- Enable the measurability of UX initiatives and outcomes combining various data sources to provide a holistic view on our impact and UX maturity
- Define and conduct advanced user research studies for B2B product and solution portfolios following a User-Centered-Design
- Collaborate with the UX team and cross-functional team members to understand requirements, ask the right questions and select appropriate research methods
- Be the direct link to our user base and help the cross-functional team to build understanding about their needs, attitudes, emotions, and behaviors to inspire and inform our solutions
- Generate user research artifacts and synthesize insights effectively to communicate outcomes in actionable ways
- Help grow our inclusive UX team culture with your unique personality
What we look for
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Learning Sciences, Statistics, Psychology, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of leading User Research teams and initiatives
- Strong portfolio of work demonstrating applied research, including experience integrating user research into product designs and strategy for enterprise B2B software, product suits or cloud platforms
- Experience with establishing user research programs, measuring UX impact and driving organizational changes toward user-centered approaches
- Good knowledge of a wide range of user and market research methods and techniques, such as usability studies, field research, prioritization studies, user interviews, survey research, benchmark studies, etc.
- Skills to generate user research artifacts such as personas, job-to-be-done, user scenarios, need statements to effectively synthesize and communicate results
- Experience with leveraging user satisfaction and behavioral analytics tools. Experience with advanced quantitative research and statistical analysis is an advantage
- A trustful and reliable nature with strong organizational skills, hands-on mentality and solution oriented
- Experience working with executive-level stakeholders and influencing business strategy. Excellent communication, presentation and storytelling skills
- Fluent English and German written and verbal communication skills
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work.
Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, or age.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time