Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Under general direction, provides Technical Support for Building X and Ecodomus cloud based software solutions that help our global customers optimizing energy consumption and sustainability as well as operating and securing facilities and infrastructure. This role requires exceptional analytical, customer focus, and collaboration with the support team to triage and handle customer issues.
- Manages technical support needs for Cloud Based Systems installed by customers in domestic and international locations.
- Provide pre-sales Technical Expertise.
- Collaborates in a global support community.
- Logs, tracks, troubleshoots, and resolves low to medium difficulty technical questions via telephone.
- Updates and maintains integrity of company knowledge database for common issues and their resolutions.
- Keeps knowledge current with new and existing company products, and troubleshooting systems and components.
- Completes all necessary internal training programs.
- Writes FAQ and knowledge base articles for common problem/resolution.
- Provides after hours coverage (24/7) including working early, late, and on-call outside of normal business hours on a round robin schedule.
- May perform on-site travel, with higher-level engineers to troubleshoot issues with systems and components.
- Tests software and hardware patches and solutions provided from product development.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Hardware or Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent related experience. Experience can include Architecture, Construction, Facilities Management and Engineering.
- 1 – 3 years Technical Support or Service for Building Management.
- Knowledge of Revit, IFC.
- This job is ideally suited for individuals who have great technical skills, interacts well with others, and has effective communication skills. Also, Having an understanding how buildings are built and interactions with facilities management is ideal.
- Must be able to provide after-hours coverage (24/7) including working early, late and on call outside of normal business hours on a round robin schedule.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills and exceptional customer service skills necessary.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating system and computer networking is a plus.
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Facilities Information Modeling (FIM) or Digital Twin Modeling
- Technical Support for Cloud Applications
- Experience in BIM data for FM ideas. Perhaps change to Experience with Revit, Civil3D, ArchiCad, ALLPLAN, Vectorworks, Bentley, IFC and ReCAP applications.
- Experience in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Experience in BIM Shared Parameter Structure
- Experience with COBie Parameters Structure
- Experience with IFC Parameter Structure
- Experience in FM enterprise systems - CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems), CAFM Computer Aided Facility Management), ERP
- Experience in Training of BIM software
- Experience in Technical Support of BIM Software
- Experience in Customer Success Support
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.