- Part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment where agile development is embraced, and innovation is encouraged.
- At Siemens, everyone can positively impact millions of customers and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities.
- Siemens is a high growth organization working on many products and software changing the world.
- Be part of this fantastic new opportunity and inspiring culture of relentless innovation towards Ingenuity for Life.
- Defend cloud infrastructure hosting Siemens DI SW cloud SaaS services and applications.
- This is a hands-on role, involving the initial triage of intrusion detection alerts, security incident investigations, and follow-on incident response activities of complex cloud applications.
- The Sr. Cloud Cyber Defense Analyst will lead daily operations of monitoring cyber security alerts from multiple data sources, review adversaries’ tactics, techniques, procedures to develop use cases for attack detection and collaborate with internal DevOps teams to further develop threat detection capabilities.
- Additionally, the Sr. Cloud Cyber Defense Analyst will lead forensic investigations to gain an understanding of attack paths exploited in successful attacks and formal damage assessments while adhering to the DI SW incident response plan/playbooks.
- The selected candidate should have experience and understanding of multiple security platforms and layers including intrusion prevention/detection systems, log correlation/management, operating systems, AWS, and live response tooling.
- The person in this role will be expected to lead agile scrum teams of Cloud Cyber Defense Analysts and will participate in daily scrum meetings, updating story tasks, and providing daily updates to the team.
- A successful candidate will be a self-starter and have a wealth of experience with cyber defense tooling, cyber incident response processes and the ability to support management to achieve results while maintaining a high velocity of activity across the security program.
- Monitor incoming cyber security alerts and conduct initial triage activities
- Initiate corporate incident response processes and follow incident response playbooks
- Conduct thorough forensic investigations for successful attacks and documenting investigation results.
- Assess damage incurred from cyber attacks
- Conduct postmortem analysis and continuously improve threat detection capabilities
- Proactively provide continuous feedback to management and improve Cloud Security Operations processes, procedures, and technology
- 5+ years professional experience in security monitoring/security operations center environment (SOC), investigating security events, handling incidents, threats and/or vulnerabilities
- Working knowledge of public cloud (AWS, Azure, Alibaba and/or Google Cloud) security logging and monitoring
- Thorough understanding of enterprise detection & response, network traffic analysis and intrusion detection
- In-depth knowledge of Windows and Linux operating system internals
- Experience with digital forensics and malware analysis
- Strong knowledge of SIEM platforms and use case development, experience with Splunk is a plus
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.