We’re Siemens Mobility! We’re a leading global provider of short-distance, regional and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are future-oriented and enable cost-effective operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources. We are adding an Maintenance Technician – Mechanical to the team due to grown and expansion.
Get ready to Design, Build and Execute!
What you will be doing:
- Provide hands on preventive maintenance, repairs, and installation of complex manufacturing equipment such as: welding robots, CNC machines, hydraulic presses, remote controlled equipment movers, lifting jacks, cranes, motors, pumps, and other industrial equipment.
- Analyze technical equipment problems on-site and complete repairs and maintenance.
- Execute set-up and start-up of new equipment
- Conduct routine scheduled preventive maintenance activities.
- Maintain accuracy of spare parts inventory.
- Support maintenance of technical documentation for processes and equipment.
- Safely use hand and power tools.
- Certification for the use of some tools and equipment may be required, such as crane, forklift and fall protection equipment.
- Complete work order documentation, quality documents, and accurately clock labor hours.
- Meet company standards for quality and workmanship
- 3-5 years’ experience in repair of mechanical industrial equipment and systems.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics, loop drawings, hydraulic diagrams, P&ID’s, and blueprints
- Experience with basic electrical systems
- Understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems or failures.
- Basic English skills – ability to read and understand written instructions and effectively communicate verbally.
- High school education or GED
- · Associate Degree (AS) in a related mechanical or technical discipline, or vocational training/certification in a related discipline.
- · Previous experience in the maintaining large, complex capital equipment
- Upon offer of employment, candidates will be subject to a background check and drug screen.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those necessary to successfully perform the essential job duties:
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently required to climb, such as, but not limited to stairs, steps, and ladders.
- Frequently required to work on elevated platforms.
- Performs work overhead.
- Talk and hear.
- Lift and move no more than 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Why Siemens Mobility?
We are # 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits
Vacation & Time Off: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave,
Financial & Retirement: Savings Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Office Life: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.