Regional Commodity Manager – Castings.
Nashik | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
In the role as Regional Commodity Manager, you are a part of our global commodity team and responsible for all the local supplier related topics for our global setup. Our global commodity team is responsible for commodity strategy and its implementation globally.
· Be an active part of the strategy development in the commodity
· Implement global commodity strategy
· Analyze supplier market with respect to cost, quality, on time delivery and lead time
· Develop commodity technology roadmaps and sourcing plans with stakeholder support, aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities
· Perform supplier evaluations and drive supplier development plans
· Conduct and conclude supplier negotiations / contracts /price lists
· Drive productivity initiatives within assigned commodity in order to maximize material cost savings
· Perform bottom-up cost calculations to identify cost drivers in mechanical systems, subsystems and components.
· Drive productivity initiatives within assigned commodity in a cross functional environment incorporating Engineering, Production and Quality in order to maximize material cost savings
· Be an active part and contributor for new product developments within global setup
Use your skills to move the world forward
· You should have a minimum 5 experience with Bachelors / Master’s degree in Mechanical engineering along with experience in handling procurement of SG Iron ,Steel Castings .
· The position requires professional expertise, with commercial and technical knowledge
· Product knowledge of motors / geared parts and (machined) Castings
· Self-motivated, KPI driven and results focused with strong strategic mindset
· Establishing good relationships and co-operations with suppliers and with internal cross functional interfaces
· Good in verbal and written communication
· Very good language skills in English
· Willingness to travel (40 % )
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Nashik. You will also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time