Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Siemens Smart Infrastructure, Energy Performance Services (EPS) business is seeking a Financial Analyst for all planning and reporting activities of the group. We're in an exciting time for the energy industry and the EPS business was recently formed to deliver sustainable, resilient and cost-effective energy solutions and lifecycle services to customers, both in front of and behind the meter
The financial analyst will report directly to the EPS Head of Finance and be a key advisor to the EPS Sr. leadership team. This position will be primarily responsible for preparing/consolidating/analyzing financial results, developing/analyzing budgets and forecasts, and reporting/analyzing key performance measures associated with the EPS business.
Specific responsibilities of the financial analyst include:
- Complete and analyze key financial reports; interpret data and communicate results within the EPS business and to Sr. Management
- Monitor and control operating expense and make recommendations to ensure achievement of cost-savings and continuous improvement measures
- Manage the monthly financial forecasting process through coordination with the EPS leadership team and other finance departments. Analyze results to identify areas for management attention
- Hold lead role in the annual budget process for EPS and assist in setting order intake, revenue and cost objectives for the business
- Develop and maintain key metrics, scorecards, reporting packages and presentation materials as needed. Create and optimize reporting and analysis through Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, QlikView, and Qlik Sense
- Leverage data from various internal and external sources such as SAP, Hyperion and other IT tools.
- Monitors and analyzes productivity initiatives to further improve profitability and competitiveness of the EPS business
- Supports portfolio activities within the overall business line including reporting, forecasting and planning, investments and business cases
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting
- Strong business user skills with SAP, Essbase, and Hyperion
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, primarily Excel, ThinkCell, Power Point, as well as other PC applications
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Strategic thinking, creative problem solving and ability to identify, develop, and drive operational improvements
- Ability to successfully work in team environment
- Effective communicator with team members and with Senior level management
- Strong attention to detail and ability to convert large volumes of data into actionable information
- Experience with performing complex financial and operational analysis to support short-term and long-range strategic plans
- Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments while meeting deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness for domestic travel of approximately 5%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Advance degrees or certifications (MBA, CPA or CMA)
- Experience with SAP/Business Warehouse and/or ESPRIT and Smart
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools
- Knowledge or experience with IFRS
- Competitive salary + commission based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.