Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as UX Designer
This position works in the Eastern Time Zone with flexible work from home arrangements in coordination with your manager. The role may include occasional attendance at the Princeton, NJ location and travel to various customer sites across the USA
The User Experience Group (UEX) at Siemens Healthcare Technology Center in Princeton, NJ consults for and supports worldwide Siemens business units and their products and processes by providing research, engineering, design, and implementation services focused on software and hardware user interfaces and the accompanying spectrum of usability applications. They also work with the US Government and partners with leading universities on advanced-horizon projects.
We presently seek candidates for an immediately available visual design / interface design / interaction design position. This position is part of the User Experience Team and is responsible for creating visual design and related interaction design solutions for product, system, and web applications in a wide variety of Siemens business areas within the field of healthcare. Additionally, this position will include tasks related to user requirements elicitation, workflow analysis, information architecture, interaction concept development, and prototype development.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong design portfolio, and is expected to have specific experience designing software user interfaces following the user centered design process and methods from user research to UI concept, wireframes, visual design, and prototyping. Strong proficiency in verbal, written, and presentation communication, as well as demonstrated success working in a multi-disciplinary team, is required. Senior-level position will be considered for the exceptionally-qualified and experienced candidates.
What are my responsibilities?
· Conduct user research and workflow studies to understand and articulate design requirements.
· Develop design concepts to meet the design requirements.
· Create low/high fidelity prototypes of concepts that can be tested with users.
· Refine concepts till they meet the user needs and design requirements.
· Deliver final visual and interaction designs for Siemens products.
· Present design solutions and project deliverables to collaborator and clients teams professionally.
· Write style guides capturing all design elements for proper life cycle management.
· Support the definition of project goals, requirements, processes, deliverables, and timelines
· Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team including experts in cognitive psychology, interaction design, human factors engineering, and computer science.
· Follow up latest design and technology trends and share the knowledge among the team.
What skills are needed to qualify for this role?
· BA/MA/MFA in graphic or interaction design.
· 2-5 years of experience in a user experience consulting environment is preferred, but recent graduates with applicable internship experience may be considered.
· Extensive experience with a variety of visual and interactive prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, Adobe Xd and Creative Suite, Powerpoint, etc.)
· Ability to work creatively while following Siemens brand guidelines.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills in English are required.
· Additional languages a plus.
· Travel (25%).
· Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.