The Sr Financial Analyst position will lead and independently analyze financial results to determine accuracy and completeness of information for the Siemens Healthineers US Service Regional Organization. As a key advisor to regional management, the position will design and prepare various financial reports, lead financial analysis at complex levels including budgeting and expense performance comparisons, and conduct regional financial reviews. It will develop and review financial plans and budgets and guide the development of reporting processes to establish standards of expectations for its customers. They will be a key participant in commercial/contract activities, pricing, margin calculations, etc. They will ensure conformance to IFRS requirements.
The role impacts a regional organization of 3,000+ employees and interacts and advises at all levels of that organization plus US Service Division and Performance Controlling team members. It reports to the Director, Zone Service Controlling and Reporting.
This position independently performs leading-edge areas of work for the professional field. The successful candidate will preempt potential problems and provides effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes. They will display original thinking in applying principles, theories, and concepts on a wide range of problems. This will be applied across areas of budgeting expertise, financial analysis and reporting for US Service Regions, working directly with Zone Vice Presidents, Service Directors, Regional Service Managers, Service Headquarters functions, and Service Sales Executives. The position will directly support several Service Regions.
Specific Areas include, but are not limited to:
- Advisor to top management and business partners on advanced technical matters.
- Primary contact with internal customers for regional, customer, and contract revenue and margin topics.
- Lead and oversee the development of the accurate completion of key financial reports; interpret data and communicate results within Performance Controlling and to Sr. Management.
- Help develop and maintain key metrics, scorecards, reporting packages and presentation materials as needed
- Lead discussions of financial analysis at complex levels including budgeting, financials and expenses in performance comparisons allowing decision makers to improve their business performance
- Provide financial expertise, including Performance Controlling recommendations to all customers and promote best practices and continuous improvement in the business
- Perform leading-edge analysis in the areas of work for the performance controlling group
- Occupy lead role in the annual budget process for zones and assist in setting revenue and cost objectives for the business
- Support the professional development of less experienced Financial Analysts
The analyst will be accountable for and measured in terms of:
- Quality and timeliness of analytics
- Customer orientation and responsiveness in a matrix environment
- Service reporting, budgeting, and forecasting process enhancement
- Financial performance of US Service
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Key criteria include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, and related area(s)
- 10+ years in relevant field, balanced against relevant Siemens experience
- Strong analytical and financial skills – comfort with visual analytics application and interpretation
- Effective communicator with team members and with Senior level management
- Self-starter, capable of bringing projects to a successful conclusion with minimal supervision
- Proficient in working with an ERP system, downloading data, and creating database driven models, visual analytics tools experience a definite plus. Expertise within the Microsoft Office suite of products is necessary
Travel required, estimated <10%
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date, except where prohibited by state law. Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons. If you choose to submit an accommodation request it should be submitted within 3 business days of receiving a verbal offer. Details on how to submit approval will be provided by your recruiter. An accommodation approval must be confirmed prior to your start date. A start date cannot be confirmed until the accommodation has been reviewed. An accommodation is based on your role. If you are a currently a Siemens Healthineers employee with an existing approved accommodation, it will need to be re-evaluated prior to starting a new role.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.