Let’s shape the future of logistics together
Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative products and solutions in airport logistics with baggage and cargo handling. With our technologies tons of baggage and other goods are managed and sorted every day. Our customers keep track of their processes along the complete supply chain with the help of our intelligent software solutions.
As a legally independent entity within Siemens, we offer the dynamics and benefits of a medium-sized company in the variety of opportunities of a global enterprise.
If you have good analytical and planning skills, are a strong communicator and excel in organizational and time management with experience in large industrial or civil installation projects, join us as a Project Scheduler in Malaysia!
As Project Scheduler, you will play an important role in the project management team to keep projects on scope, budget and time. You will coordinate across functions to develop and manage project schedules, perform project analysis and work on continuous process improvement.
Main tasks of the role
- Monitor and visualize project performance versus plan
- Perform what-if schedule scenarios, analyze variances in schedule performance against the plan and communicate reasons for the issuance of variances and proposed mitigation plans to project management and internal departments
- Develop and maintain the project (S curve) progress including design / engineering, contract / procurement and construction
- Support the project management to prepare and collect the backup information for monthly progress report, look-ahead schedule and documentation for monthly schedule meetings with the client
- Facilitate and participate in internal weekly schedule reviews
- Manage the project float
- Support Change Requests and claims with schedule & resources planning
- Coordinate activities with the project managers and take over special functions
- Control open issues list and project cockpit (status information, reports, etc.)
- Compliance to PM@Siemens 14-steps process
The listed responsibilities generally cover the essential duties expected to be performed by individuals who are assigned to this position. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list, and reasonable adjustments of the responsibilities may be required due to changing business conditions.
Qualifications and skills required for the role
- At least 7 years of experience in planning, scheduling and controlling of large industrial or civil installation projects
- Profound understanding of project management interfaces
- Experience in large-size project planning and progress monitoring of engineering, procurement and construction schedule
- Understanding of cost and schedule performance concepts and scheduling concepts such as critical path analysis and task relationships
- Proficiency in Primavera Project P6, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access) and Microsoft Project and other standard scheduling applications
- Ability to summarize detailed schedule information appropriately to support management reporting
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (both verbally and written) with all levels of management and personnel in a global organization
- Had prior international experience / collaboration with international teams / exposure in different work or company cultures
- Immediate availability is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, veteran status, or disability.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics Pte. Ltd. / PE Malaysia
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time