Are you interested in manufacturing and production processes? How do you assign production steps to machines in your factory? How do you coordinate a fleet of individual robots to accomplish a common goal?
Join our ‘Autonomous Systems and Control Research’ group for a 6-9-month internship in Princeton and become part of the Future of Automation. We are driving the development for autonomous manufacturing with optimization and control solutions.
Our close collaboration with Siemens’ operative units enables you to practice your skills on real-world problems and the future-oriented research topics will challenge your problem-solving.
What are my responsibilities?
- You will contribute to industrial research projects on control and optimization of manufacturing processes and coordination of multi-agent-systems
- You will collaborate and exchange ideas with experts in the fields of control and optimization
- You will implement concepts and solutions in simulation environments and hardware.
What skills are needed to qualify for this job?
- A current or recently graduated MS or PhD student pursuing a degree in Engineering or Mathematics
- Profound knowledge of advanced automatic control and/or optimization concepts
- Experience in advanced algorithm prototyping
- Good programming knowledge in C++ or C#
- Practical experience in research on control and optimization
- Domain knowledge in manufacturing systems preferred
- Excellent team working and communication skills in English
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in an interdisciplinary team of experts
- Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs
May consider sponsorship of short-term J-1 visa students (6-12 months), dependent upon program requirements
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs
Siemens Technology employees are passionate about applied research. We create technology with purpose that benefits society - more agile and productive factories, more intelligent and efficient buildings and grids, more reliable and sustainable transportation. Our work powers Siemens products and is regularly featured in patents and publications. We operate in a global ecosystem focused on innovation, partnering with our customers, businesses, government agencies, and leading academic institutions on highly visible projects where collaboration is key.
Our people continuously develop their talents, are curious, and are not afraid to take risks in pursuit of technological innovation. A strong learning culture empowers employees at Siemens Technology to own their growth and development.
We know that diversity fuels innovation and drives business success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, where diversity of thought, culture, and experience is seen as our greatest strength. This is what brings our best ideas to life.
We take pride in bringing our best selves to work every day, prioritizing individual health, work-life blend, and flexibility.
At Siemens Technology, the success of our employees drives our success.
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.