Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
Siemens Managed Services are looking for a Service Manager to join our IT department. As part of the IT Management Team, you will be responsible for co-coordinating and managing the delivery of all Operational services, including services provided by 3rd parties and cloud provider to committed Service Level Agreements [SLAs].
You will lead the entire service delivery model across IT. This includes management of our people, tools and processes that provide the services both internally and via third parties.
Including the line management of a team of Service Professionals, a small in-house IT Service desk and with the associated budgetary responsibility, and the oversight of all ITIL processes.
Our main office is in Nottingham, but this role can be based from anywhere in Great Britain, as the role can be home based with only occasional travel when required.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Establish a trusted, strategic advisor relationship with customers, internal and external, and work with them to establish critical goals and KPI’s.
- Understanding the customer’s requirements and challenges and build value by solving problems with a proactive and tenacious continuous improvement mindset
- Oversight of all ITIL processes required to deliver the service and governance of all internal and external customer relationships
- Effective service monitoring and review to ensure that appropriate services and service levels are delivered, and appropriate service improvements provided
- Produce regular service reports and review with key stakeholders and customers
- Deliver effective Root Cause Analysis and ensure a Continuous Service Improvement Plan (CSIP) is in place
- Ownership and augmentation of Configuration Management and the governance of Configuration processes and the Hardware and Software Asset Management requirements pertaining to Configuration Management
- Management of the resource planning in relation to project to production activity
- Regular cost and service benchmarking
- Support Third Party contact negotiation and actively manage Third Party contracts
- Ownership and management of strategic IS Service Operation risks and audits, interfacing with IS personnel to ensure risks are reviewed and actioned and audit actions are completed within agreed timescales
- Management and delivery of a project to improve the Service Management capability across IT – addressing IT Capacity, Technical Debt, Service Availability and Configuration Management including identifying suitable tools and required processes
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Excellent understanding of ITIL, service models and tools
- Familiarity with IT technical architecture, tools and delivery methodologies
- Strong people, process and vendor management skills will be needed together with the ability to build service capability from scratch
- Management experience in ITIL Service Management including Service Design and Transition and Vendor Management
- Experience in CMDB Management and ITSM, Service topology and modelling and Service Delivery
- Experience of governance models such as COBIT
- Experience of project delivery models such as Prince 2
- Supplier contract negotiation and management experience
- Demonstrable experience building value for the customer and solving problems. Self-motivated, target oriented and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrable experience of managing teams
- Excellent customer management. Highly energetic and highly trusted relationship builder
- A desire to improve, learn and grow the capability of the Service Management team
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that training and development is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s career growth, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
At Siemens, we work flexibly so we are happy to consider/discuss flexible working options for this role. This can include part time working, compressed hours, flexibility on start and finish times etc. Please let us know if this would work for you and we will do our best to accommodate where possible
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool - you can read more about our commitment to diversity by clicking here
We also welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here
We have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time