Field Service Engineer Automation – Pakistan/ Lahore
Siemens Digital Industries is a leading innovator in automation and digitalization. Our mission is to support customers in leveraging growth, profit opportunities and ecological footprint in the discrete and process industries. Our Digital Enterprise portfolio integrates virtual and real worlds – with a unique end-to-end portfolio and Digital Twins across the entire value chain. It focuses on the needs of specific verticals. We continually expand our Digital Enterprise portfolio to include ground breaking technologies and offer industry-specific end-to-end solutions for companies of all sizes.
Join our Digital Industries as the Field Service Engineer- Automation and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Digital Industries Customer Service team as a Field Service Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow. Siemens Digital Industries offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their production processes and in reducing the time to market of their products.
At Siemens Digital Industries you will have the opportunity to be part of a company that focuses on developing your knowledge, skills and experiences. Position is based in Lahore, Pakistan and is responsible for supporting customers nationwide.
- You will be responsible to work on/ lead basic and detailed engineering for Distributed Control Systems (DCS) / high end process automation systems. Experience in Software programming/development for DCS in Process Automation. Should have handled Projects execution & Commissioning.
- You will be responsible to develop process control concepts & process control logic using Siemens’ process automation / DCS platforms.
- You will be involved in testing and demonstrate the process control logic (PLC) to our customer and commission the same at various production sites of our customers.
- Able to provide a consistent approach whilst working under own initiative, with minimal supervision and provide our customers with the highest levels of service possible.
- Liaison with customers, contractors, and team members for Engineering, Design and Commissioning.
- Creation of reports and documentation for customers.
- Identification and implementation of software, hardware & system improvements, troubleshooting.
- Perform FAT, SAT, and commissioning alongside contractors and customers.
- Have a commercial awareness and an ability to recognize, promote and pursue new opportunities for sales, contracts, retrofits.
- Ensure that the quality of service provided for each customer meets or exceeds their expectations
- Understand the needs of our customers and markets, speak the customer's language developing credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- Adherence to EHS Policies and Procedures
Your Qualifications And Skills – Digital And Solid!
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Electronic engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent team player who works collaboratively and proactively. Adapts well to working both in a team and independently.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in Siemens automations systems selection and configuration.
- Including PCS7, SIMATIC S7 and WinCC Systems, WinCC flexible, TIA portal, Virtualization.
- Good soft and analytical skills. Confident speaker and Decision-making ability. Owning responsibility to success and failure.
- Experience in customer services and able to
manage planned/unplanned services.
Able to travel to different industries all around the country.
- Experience in commissioning and fault-finding Industrial automation systems, communication systems.
- Different Industrial Communication Protocol knowledge (PROFIBUS, PROFINET, MODBUS)
- Experience of whole project lifecycle from conception to completion.
- Willingness to travel and work away when required
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Pakistan Engineering Co. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time