As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
You will be responsible to :
- Review customer technical specifications (data sheets, piping and instrumentation diagrams) and prepare clarifications that provide an acceptable technical solution to both the customer and Siemens-Energy
- Develop technical comments & exceptions to customer specifications
- Define the overall scope of the upgrade, including Engine, Package Mechanical, Package Electrical, and Controls with required technical definition
- Confirm cost(s) for scope and associated equipment
- Support operations delivery commitment based on the bid strategy
- Ensure integration of package auxiliary systems with driver and driven equipment
- Identify and mitigate associated risks to achieve a successful execution by the project team
- Clear communication of project specifications & requirements to both internal & external customers
- Provide a clear explanation of agreed commitments and identify deviations from standard build packages to meet the customer requirements
- Communication of committed schedule, cost, and scope
- Provide detailed engineering/procurement specifications for Major Buy equipment and provide a technical review & committed costs for Sub-Suppliers equipment with agreed comments and exceptions to specifications
- Supply project team with final committed Supplier Document Register List (SDRL) & Inspection & Test Plan (ITP)
- Utilize internal resources to produce bid phase product defined drawings and diagrams. Work with the project team to satisfy contract delivery timeliness of SDRL items and hardware.
- Attend and support Limits of Authority (LoA) and Technical Review meetings as required.
- Provide technical support to internal customers
- Liaise with customers and suppliers.
- Work with due regard to all company policies including those of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality. Conduct the job in a manner that is in the best interest of Siemens-Energy.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
We are looking for a candidate to assist customer in their position as an Applications Engineer Specialist. Your skills include everything from sales & marketing, systems engineering, to consultant to be successful. Other skills an Application Engineer Specialist should have are:
- Communication skills so they can discuss with all parties included in the project, to answer all questions a customer may have, and discuss complex engineering concepts to diverse parties with varying technical backgrounds
- Detail-oriented skills to ensure all parts of a solution come together and work as intended
- Interpersonal skills to be able to work with all others that may be included on the project to ensure it works properly
- Problem-solving skills are important to ensure any issues that arise during the development are mitigated and to initiate ideas to resolve complex issues into practical engineering solutions
- Technical writing skills
- Familiarity and understanding of controls systems
- Preferably with Allen Bradley and S7-1500 platforms
- Familiarity and understanding of operation of gas turbine and electric motor driven compression equipment and their associated auxiliary systems; air filtration, acoustic packages, lube oils systems, fuel gas systems, etc.
- Preferably with Siemens-Energy AGT equipment (SGT-A65, SGT-A35, SGT-A20, SGT-A05)
- Familiarity with continuous improvement (Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen)
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite including the following: Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Ability and familiarity with shop safety practices
- Ability and willingness to travel (onshore/offshore) to supplier and customer sites to perform site surveys, assessments, customer meetings, and participate in safety discussions.
- Ability to travel 5% - 25% of the year
- Ability to complete offshore training (BOSIET, CA-EBS, MIST, H2S)
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Field or Engineering Technology, 5 to 8 Year experience in the Rotating Machinery & Controls or Mechanical Operations and Design
- Experience in the oil and gas industry and/or power generation industry
- Experience and knowledge of Oil and Gas industry standards
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based at Gurugram . You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time