The global energy system is being transformed, becoming more decentralized, utilizing more renewables and turning consumers to prosumers. But this change creates challenges at the interface between the grid and consumers – the Grid Edge. Solutions at the Grid Edge enable buildings, infrastructures and industries to optimize their energy management, improve energy efficiency and allow new business models. These solutions also empower customers to intelligently integrate renewables and to take control of their energy supply and support infrastructure for eMobility expansion.
By working at the Grid Edge, we redefine the relationships between consumption, production and storage. Through digitalization and new business models we are helping manage complex energy flows and the interplay between production and consumption – and to increase the energy system’s flexibility and reliability.
We are looking for a candidate to help to grow our business in these customers in the Iberian market.
This position is open to hire in Spain (Madrid) or Portugal (Lisbon).
We make what matters real. This is your role:
- Define & implement a commercial strategy to develop & grow the business in a sustainable way in the area: Go to Market/Customer Mapping (Retail / Generation / Industry / TSO-DSO…), Competition analysis, Actions plan…
- Identify new opportunities (ACTIVE Business development approach) throughout the range of applications targeted (Leads /New-Existing Customers approach, opportunities nurturing, Global partnership, …) anticipating trends in the market (Regulatory aspects, Market Opening, applications change, …).
- Build & Maintain strong & long-lasting relationship with customers at all level (Engineering / Purchasing / C-Suite, ..) developing, managing, and delivering customized technical sales presentations to our global clients and partners.
- Coordinate the offer (Both technical & Commercial) with the Bid Manager & the application Engineers by providing the winning strategy (Customer needs, Competition, Financing, target price, differentiating factors, Projects risks, …).
- Lead the negotiation on final pricing as well as service content with the customers: T&Cs, Guarantee, Terms of payment, …
- Be accountable for the Orders/Margin Budget and provide plan (Concrete & actionable actions) to meet/exceed targets
- Provide timely reporting: Tracking sales activities in the CRM, order forecasts, …
We will positively consider the following skills.
- This position would suit you best if have a strong sales background ideally within key players of the energy sector such as Distribution System Operators, Retailers, Energy Intensive Industries, Smart Infrastructure or Mobility.
- University or equivalent studies in technical sciences, engineering, computer sciences or economic sciences.
- You are closely following regulatory changes impacting the Energy Transition with special focus on new business models and you are not simply following sales scripts but enjoy creating new sales methodologies that when proven you successfully share with your team globally.
- At least 3-5 years of successful presales or sales role for complex software-based offerings in the cloud or on-premises delivery models.
- You have ideally acquired expertise in at least two of the three fields:
- Sales and pre-sales of software-based offerings,
- Grid Edge Solutions portfolio including eMobility, Demand Response, Microgrids
- Working with retailers, DSOs, industrial end-customers, Municipalities...
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, and you easily convey the benefit of our grid edge solutions to customers on all levels.
- You are a self-starter, highly motivated, have ownership mentality and able to work productively with minimal guidance
- You are open-minded and wish to work in global, intercultural and cross-functional teams
- You are fluent in Spanish and/ or Portuguese and English
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having various types of talent and experience makes us more driven and better able to respond optimally to society's demands. That's why we value candidates who reflect the diversity we enjoy in our Company.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time