Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the “Head of Engineering” position based out of Türkiye to join our Team. This is an excellent career opportunity for talented professionals looking to join a truly international team. This role leads the organization in all activities of the Engineering Department. The position closely partners with the business leads to develop and implement strategies, business plans, and business models for customer projects, product business and new initiatives. The position collaborates with local Mobility management and global Business Units towards an overall organizational vision and strategic engineering direction for Türkiye and reports to the CEO of Siemens Mobility Türkiye.
Join Siemens Mobility and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your Role – International, Challenging and Future-Oriented!
- This position has full responsibility for the Engineering Department in Türkiye.
- Ensures that the organization continuously meets and improves its key targets, including all applicable schedule, accuracy, and P&L measures applicable to the engineering organization.
- Establishes the overall objectives and initiatives of an engineering department.
- Responsible to analyze, develop and evaluate large-scale, complex systems, for new and or existing projects
Establishes and implements the strategic direction of the group’s engineering and development initiatives.
- Provides Engineering expertise to other departments. Collaborates with the company’s executive leadership to develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on projects, operations, and systems.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in engineering and development related to the local and global railway industry and develops strategies for discussion and implementation.
- Oversees the short- and longer-term financial planning for budgets and forecasts and ensures oversight and control of expenses.
- Responsible for full Engineering governance. Ensures market and benchmark analysis, customer analysis, early identification of market and business potential. Maintains and broadens personal contacts with existing major customers and potential new customers where position status would be a key factor in a relationship.
- Builds and continuously improves a superior organization committed to both growth of the organization and its employees. Engages and motivates employees to focus on goals and objectives achievement. Implements development programs and procedures to identify and grow new and potential management including recruitment, selection, mentoring, training, and performance management.
- With significant communications (internal and external), this position represents the ‘face’ of the Engineering Department. Represents Siemens Mobility across an local and international landscape and networks with executive and client leadership at industry associations, professional or community organizations to enhance business image and success.
- Manages risk to the overall business and to Siemens Mobility. This will also involve compliance with all local country legislation and regulations applicable to the specific country in which the organization operates. Ensures strategic and organizational alignment of business, including planning and realization of acquisition strategy.
- Coordinates and cooperates with other Engineering groups within Siemens Mobility, both domestically and internationally.
- May be responsible for sourcing, managing, and directing third party engineering services as applicable.
Your Qualifications and Skills – Digital and Solid!
- Experience in the delivery of projects within an engineering and/or rail environment, with multiple stakeholders and interface.
- Outstanding commercial awareness and customer management skills.
- An excellent network of contacts at a senior level within the Turkish rail industry and importantly within Turkish customer & peer organizations.
- Evidence of collaborative and or alliance working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve business success; a good knowledge of quality and safety management systems; a thorough understanding of technical and commercial risk management.
- Good knowledge of and experience of multi-disciplinary projects and technical/professional teams; Strong organization development/resource planning skills, motivating, and supporting others to deliver large scale projects.
- Experience of managing, developing, and growing a comprehensive engineering function and its people, including its contribution to and impact on P&L and quality of margin.
- Awareness and consideration of intercultural sensitivities; experience of working in a matrix, collaborating with local and international teams.
- Help create an inclusive workforce by retaining and recruiting the best people from different racial, educational, and social backgrounds; respecting individual differences and valuing the contribution that everyone can make.
- Promote the benefits that an inclusive community can make to personal and business outcomes and satisfaction ratings.
- Competent in a technical discipline, Chartered Engineer preferred.
- Fluent in English and Turkish
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or another related field required.
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company.
Please find more information at www.siemens.com.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Ulasim Sistemleri Anonim Sirketi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time