Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the “Bid Manager” position based out of Türkiye to join our Team. This is an excellent career opportunity for talented professionals looking to join a truly international team.
Join Siemens Mobility and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
- Bid preparation in line with the stipulated guidelines
- Adherence to the stipulated bid costs
- The bid manager assumes project management for bid preparation and is responsible for quality-compliant bid preparation in terms of contents and timescale and in line with the relevant processes.
- He or she is commissioned by and receives the relevant requirements from the responsible sales manager.
Your Role – International, Challenging and Future-Oriented!
- Lead end-to-end bid management process including overall bid compilation
- Detailed planning of the bid task schedule and completion / compilation of the bid (including coordination with the headquarters)
- Define and assemble the bid team, define the work-split and bid plan, and act as the main interface to sales teams
- Interact with internal and external partners to finalize the scope matrix / division of responsibilities
- Prepare and share all bid documents and templates in line with customer requirements
- Prepare and compile pre-bid queries
- Assessment of the qualification criteria from the customer - ensuring compliance to the customer requirement
- Schedule for periodic meetings to assess readiness of the bid submittals and assign tasks accordingly
- Ensure timely completion of various bid activities (such as documentation, compliance to the tender specification, preparation of cost build up and optimization, risk identification, etc.)
- Coordinate between various internal teams viz Engineering, Commercial, Legal, Procurement, Project Management & Quality team for respective inputs
- Responsible for various internal Siemens specific approvals & processes
- Responsible for cost build up and contribute to bid strategy to meet the target price
- Support in business model finalization, Benchmark solution and costs with other projects, put together of the entire price bid & attend bid related customer meetings
- Single point of contact for status of the bids in progress; update management team with status of bids
- Contribute to bid management audits & handling negotiation scenarios
- Compilation of the Post Bid clarifications after receiving inputs from the technical / commercial team etc.
- Hand-over of the entire bid to project execution team once awarded with the contract
- Ensure implementation of lessons learnt from previous bids and from execution teams of similar projects
- Process implementation (PM system, LoA incl. documents) (together with the bid team)
Your Qualifications and Skills – Digital and Solid!
- Able to manage the delivery of bids through corporate governance procedures, including parallel approval workstreams - e.g., financial, technical, commercial etc.
- Significant bid management and/or project management experience, from an engineering project-based business, in a regulated industry
- Possess a good understanding of the way in which railway-signaling projects are managed and delivered to influence, monitor, and challenge every aspect of the bid i.e., finance, engineering, planning, delivery, and commercial inputs
- Commercially intelligent, and able to structure a bid to present the offer in the best light
- Possesses sufficient management experience (min. 8 years) in railway systems and stature to operate at the same level as project managers and senior business managers, to provide appropriate leadership to tender teams and manage negotiations with the client as appropriate
- Ability to influence and negotiate with people at all levels within Siemens Mobility and customer organizations, whilst fostering strong working relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- A pro-active high achiever with high energy levels, who is used to working under pressure and to tight/challenging deadlines
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a business or technically related discipline
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Previously, or currently, occupying the position of Project Manager, Commercial Manager or Project Engineering Manager in an engineering project-based business
- Fluent in English and Turkish
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company.
Please find more information at www.siemens.com.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Ulasim Sistemleri Anonim Sirketi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time