Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the “Head of Bidding” position based out of Türkiye to join our Team. This is an excellent career opportunity for talented professionals looking to join a truly international team.
Join Siemens Mobility and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Working closely with all disciplines within the Bids and Tendering department and the wider business, to ensure delivery of high quality, consistent winning bids, and effectively mobilizing these to the project delivery team.
The Bids and Tendering function are a centralized bidding team that is responsible for the delivery of all bids, ensuring appropriate levels of governance and accuracy is applied to a winning strategy.
Your Role – International, Challenging and Future-Oriented!
- Management of the creation of winning tenders through full bid lifecycle from Bid/No-Bid through to customer negotiation and Contract Award
- Definition and implementation of a winning bid strategy ensuring a breakdown of tender requirements and coordination of all technical, commercial, and financial aspects of the estimation and proposal creation process (including pricing structures, subcontract partnerships etc.)
- Preparation and coordination of compelling tender documentation ensuring high levels of consistency and quality, that adequately captures our offer, provides an accurate baseline for a future project, incorporates lessons learned, and mitigates company risks
- Preparation of all review meeting materials and coordination of the close-out of all actions
- Provision of leadership to the tender team and allocated business resources, influencing and negotiating with people at all levels, including providing progress reports to management
- Involvement in pre and post bid submission negotiations with the client encompassing technical, financial, and commercial considerations, acting as the client single point of contact in relation to the bid
- Production and delivery of presentations (internal and external to the client) up to board level
- Responsible for transferring knowledge from the tendering team to the Delivery team, verifying the tender and achieving scope stability and handover to delivery
- Accurate management of bid budgets, and ensuring Siemens Mobility policies and procedures (including quality assurance) as suitably followed, striking the right balance between governance and cost efficiency
- Implement improvement in company processes and standards in relation to bid management and the wider functional areas
Your Qualifications and Skills – Digital and Solid!
- Able to manage the delivery of bids through corporate governance procedures, including parallel approval workstreams - e.g., financial, technical, commercial etc.
- Significant bid management and/or project management experience, from an engineering project-based business, in a regulated railway / transportation industry, with experience leading multinational and complex bids > €10m, and managing bid budgets more than €500k
- Possess a good understanding, of the way in which railway projects are managed and delivered to influence, monitor, and challenge every aspect of the bid i.e., finance, engineering, planning, delivery, and commercial inputs
- Commercially astute, and able to structure a bid to present the offer in the best light
- Possesses sufficient management experience (min. 8 to 10 years) and stature to operate at the same level as project managers and senior business managers, to provide appropriate leadership to tender teams and manage negotiations with the client as appropriate
- Matrix management experience in leading teams greater than 10 people, motivating and directing team members to a shared goal
- Ability to influence and negotiate with people at all levels within Siemens Mobility and customer organizations, whilst fostering strong working relationships
- High degree of mobility to spend a time away from the agreed base office as required (essential)
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- A pro-active high achiever with high energy levels, who is used to working under pressure and to tight/challenging deadlines
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a business or technically related discipline
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Demonstrable experience of securing/winning tenders and/or delivering for railway infrastructure and rolling stock projects
- Previously, or currently, occupying the position of a Senior Bid Manager, Senior Project Manager or Project Engineering Manager in an engineering project-based business
- Fluent in English and Turkish
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company.
Please find more information at www.siemens.com.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Ulasim Sistemleri Anonim Sirketi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time