Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
The Managed Services business is a segment of the Digital Grid Division which focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Managed Services are an innovative supplier of solutions to meet the pressing challenges associated with measuring and managing energy use. We have been developing and delivering smart metering in the UK for over 20 years and our customers include energy suppliers, energy retailers, water utilities and commercial & industrial businesses.
The Operational Excellence team is seeking an experienced, passionate practitioner to work across our business to drive and manage strategic process improvement projects in a constantly changing environment. The successful candidate will identify and prioritise initiatives based on an assessment of return on investment and manage projects through to their successful completion using a range of Lean, Six Sigma and Project Management methodologies.
As the Operational Excellence lead, you will play a key role in driving change across the organisation, with core focus on process efficiency and delivering excellent customer service. Collaboration is a core element of this role as is the ability to engage with and influence stakeholders across all levels.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Project identification and prioritisation: Identifies and Evaluates project opportunities by seeking inputs from stakeholders, evaluating current process performance and objective assessments of Return on Investment (ROI). Leads the execution of projects across programs to quantifiably improve performance.
- Review, Mentor and Own: To mentor and/or lead improvement projects through the DMAIC cycle. Implement governance structure to ensure that projects are managed to agreed scope and timelines, creating visibility for the senior management team and key stakeholders.
- Reporting: To report project milestone status with all stake holders providing regular updates to senior management
- Benefit Quantification: Quantify benefits potential and realized from the projects in terms of £ savings (ROI) and/or Metric improvements, obtain sign-off for project closure.
- Collaboration: Supports best practice sharing, replication and standardization across business areas where appropriate
- Learning & Development: Development and implementation of training program(s) on Lean Six Sigma philosophy, theory, and application tools / techniques. Facilitating, training, and coaching team members in the use of quality & statistical tools /techniques.
- Target Operating Model Development: Business casing, design and implementation support for the development of business-wide target operating models
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Demonstrable experience in working in an operations and/or service environment
- Prior Process Improvement experience with demonstrated success in leading projects in Cross-functional environment
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Customer value focussed – The shaping of business improvements opportunities which build in quality through the eyes of our customers
- The ability to analyse data in a structured fashion and objectively represent the case for change
- Ability to influence stakeholders across the organization without direct reporting lines
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute complex project roadmap
- Change agent with the ability to lead change across all levels of the organization and be hands-on to implement improvement design
- Design thinker with the ability to shape innovation and initiatives from problem statements
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
It would also be great if were working towards or had already achieved Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and any Project management qualifications (i.e. Prince2, APM etc.) or Prior experience on working with statistical tools like JMP, Minitab etc. However these are not essential.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that training and development is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s career growth, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool - you can read more about our commitment to diversity by clicking here
We also welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here
We have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time