Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We strive to transform the everyday for our customers, employees, and society by:
- Trusting and empowering our leaders to act as owners, directing their teams, and innovating to succeed.
- Communicating openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes.
- Recognizing individual and team achievements frequently
- Our focus on investment in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Siemens is seeking two exciting additions to our engineering leadership team. We are growing fast, and our ever-expanding team needs new leaders to help shape the future. These new manager roles will both support the growing systems engineering team providing more focused effort on employee development, improving customer experience, long term growth initiatives and process improvements. That will include 12+ direct reports responsible for engineering all technical aspects of customer projects.
- Manage the day to day needs of the Systems Project Engineering team. This will include training and coaching of new team members, schedule management, escalation resolution and coordination with other teams’ stakeholders or customers
- Work closely with the quotations team to ensure they offer a clear technical solution and attainable schedule
- Drive long term process improvements and increase team efficiency through lessons learned analysis, creative preventive action plans and driving those plans through implementation
- Mentoring of team members facilitating an environment that empowers employees to grown and succeed down their chosen career path.
- Keep the team engaged, motivated and productive while performing day-to-day activities
- Perform team evaluation on constant basis, allowing the team to have an open channel with management, rewarding successes and addressing challenges in a timely manner
- Provide hands on technical support for customer orders as needed
- Lead by example
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- 5 years of experience in a technical engineering role, at least 3 years of which working at a detailed design level on power systems protection, controls, and automation
- Strong communications skills and demonstrated presentation skills to diverse audiences
- Extensive demonstrated knowledge in Substation Protection, Automation and Network communications solutions
- Ability to analyze customer’s technical specifications regarding the application of PA products and systems, apply appropriate solutions to meet the customers’ expectations in a cost-effective way on timely manner
- Must be physically in the Wendell, NC (Raleigh Area) Office 3+ days a week, up to 25% travel
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of flexible PTO, a matching 401K plan, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, potential for hybrid remote work, and so much more.
About Smart Infrastructure – Electrification and Automation:
The Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio and applications to create the power distribution grid of the future. Our comprehensive portfolio meets the growing technical requirements of today’s and tomorrow’s power grid!
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.