Deputy Project Manager / Delivery Manager (RSS)
Pune | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
- Complete responsibilities of site and will be working as Deputy Project Manager and overseeing as Delivery Manager for individual sub-package of RSS and cabling, thus being able to deliver the package within specified time, cost, quality and safety in consent with the project manager and in accordance with the requirements set out in the contract.
- To actively coordinate interfaces between the project and the various interface partners (e.g. Engineering, Procurement, Vendor, Other contractors – Civil, Signaling, RS etc.).
- Plans, prepares and coordinates technical projects according to the Project Management (PM) standards defined, throughout all stages of the Q-gate process.
- Subproject results
- Coordinate of all aspects in the subproject and provision of support to the project manager
- Execute the subproject’s work packages based on the detailed design, schedule and documents as specified by the project manager
- Ensuring economic success and customer satisfaction for identified packages.
- Representation of the project in all decision-making bodies as required time to time under guidance of project manager.
- Representing Siemens at Site in front of customer representatives, EIG, statutory bodies and interface partners.
- Planning, organizing and executing the subproject
- Assign and coordinate the technical tasks within the subproject with Engineering team.
- Lead the discussions with customer on engineering topics.
- Ascertain the technical requirements of the contract and execute the requirement engineering for the subproject.
- Responsible for all requirements fulfillment of the particular package and periodic entry in DOORS (requirement management tool) along with Project Manager and RMip
• Resource Management
- Coordinate with the discipline managers in line organizations for support and provision of resources
- Procure required resources for the subproject (where applicable to be supported by the project manager)
• Coordination for Procurement
- Participation in negotiations with subcontractors and suppliers together with SCM and Project Operations Manager etc.
- Along with Project Operations Manager, coordinate for drawing availability, coordination with factory for manufacturing, FAT logistics etc. for material/equipment procurement.
- Organize and manage the project documentation applicable for the specific subproject
- Derivation of the comprehensive project objectives from the contract and offer documents.
- Ensuring compliance with defined procedures/processes for project controlling and reporting to project manager.
- Ensuring that the project goals (Cost, Quality, Time, EHS, Stakeholder Satisfaction) defined with the customer and all project participants are achieved.
- Conducting Lessons Learned workshop in periodic intervals and conclusion of the project under guidance of project manager.
- Comply with the Siemens Business Conduct Guidelines (e.g. occupational health and safety and environmental protection)
- Controlling and reporting on subproject
- Control the work packages and report the status to the project manager
- Analyze and monitor the planned functional, technical and time-related targets; check the quality of the process and results
- Identify any non-conformities in good time, identify the cause of problems and resolve them (where applicable in consent with the project manager)
4. Interface Management
- Coordinate the corresponding internal interfaces with the respective partners in departments of development, project execution, test center and with other internal partners
- Coordinate the corresponding external interfaces with assessors, onshore partners (regional unit, customer, installation companies, etc.) and other external partners
- Involve interface partners in good time to escalate issues relating to quality defects, missed deadlines etc.
- Independently develop and implement solutions in case of problems with interface partners (in consent with the technical project manager)
5. Site Management:
Overall coordination and monitoring along with Commissioning & Installation Manager of individual package for :
- Complete responsibilities of site thus being able to deliver the package within specified time, cost, quality and safety.
- Coordination with site team members and leading them is a compulsory criterion for this position. Representing Siemens at Site in front off customer representatives, EIG, statutory bodies and interface partners.
- All EHS and Quality implementation at site along with Commissioning & Installation Manager for individual package.
- Material handling, store management and project security
- Compliance related issues at site particularly labour welfare and contractor management
- Working under power and traffic blocks
- Section energization with full safety and norms.
- Closing punch list items.
- Handover of system/section.
- Site Quality audit along with Project Manager and Qmip.
- TBT, LMRA and site walk along with Project Manager and EHSMip.
- EHS & Quality
- Coordination with Project Manager
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You should have minimum experience of 12 years along with bachelor’s degree in electrical or electronics Engineering along with experience of in experience in Project Management.
- Preferred to have minimum 6-10 years of experience in Railway Electrification with 5 years in Metro and 3 years in DC Metro Electrification project.
- Preferred to have experience in electrical/substation project execution.
- Site Management experience preferred.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time