Siemens DISW is a world-leading provider of product lifecycle management and manufacturing operations management software. We help thousands of companies realise innovation by optimising their processes, from planning and development through manufacturing, production and support. Siemens DISW is a business unit of the Siemens Digital Industries Division. Driven by a deep understanding of what it takes to deliver successful products.
Help our customers transform their business with our world-leading technology!What we're looking for:
An experienced DevOps Engineer familiar with, or looking forward to entering, the world of embedded analytics (EA). You will be managing a medium (<200) estate utilized across the entire EA team, acting as a force-multiplier ensuring that developers have the tooling, platforms and support needed to productively work on product releases. You will be expected to act as a technical expert for all things DevOps and will have leeway to implement greenfield projects of your own to support developers and meet business goals.What you'll be doing:
- Managing a plethora of business-critical services, in a hybrid-cloud setup, running on a variety of Linux distros.
- Ensuring the entire estate is managed using Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) best practice methodologies.
- Managing, and creating, containerised services to meet business needs.
- Collaborating closely directly with stakeholders, across the business, to gather project requirements and to communicate updates.
- Experience with IaC technologies – such as Ansible, Terraform and Salt – in addition to the deep Linux SysAdmin experience required to apply these effectively across a Linux estate.
- Experience leading Jenkins CI and/or Gitlab CI systems, from actual setup to configuration.
- Knowledge of source control best practice with Git.
- Experience with Flexlm licensing
- Experience administrating at least one grid computing technology, ideally Sungrid Engine
- Experience with setting up, and configuring, Gitlab and its many features such as Grafana and Container Registries
- Experience with Prometheus, Grafana and node exporter in the context of proactive monitoring of a Linux-based estate
- Knowledge of silicon life-cycle management
- Understanding of FPGA hardware, Jenkins CI and Docker.
- Knowledge of embedded systems.
- Knowledge of ASIC or IP design flows.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the most inquisitive minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing outstanding things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.htmlSiemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow #DISW #LI-PLM #LI-Hybrid
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time